Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 6:01:21 PM EDT
You Arfcomers that live in the Central part of IL know what Im talking about.It looks like another round of Severe Storms will be here before lunch tommorrow.

Be prepared and stay safe everyone!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Lets see, 70 degrees, and a tornado or two, a week later, a blizzard.

Then we throw in some heave duty thunder storms and some nice warnings for all to enjoy the week after that.

Then, the wind the other night was unreal. If ya would have had a kite, it would have carried you away!

I love spring!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
i don't care, after the first tornado rolled through. We were all outside smoking when the second tornado hit we didn't care anymore. The first one was a very sobering experience, I came to grips with my own mortality. If it's my time, it's my time there ain't nothing I can do about it.

I'll be damned if I sit in another meat prep room worrying wether or not I'm gonna die
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:00:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Be careful y'all. I live up by cheeseland, only an occasional twister up here. In these parts, I am more fearful of the Liberals in Volkswagens invading from Cook County!

We had one touch down in my town about three years ago. It was a big deal around here.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
damner that was a nasty one.  i got my truck in the garage and ran in the house just as the rain and wind started.  wifey, the boy, and i hid out in the basement.  it went on either side of us.  taylorville got hit, then springfield.  i hope all you springfield guys are alright.

jake
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Liberals in Volkswagens invading from Cook County!

We had one touch down in my town about three years ago. It was a big deal around here.

what a  Liberal  in a volkswagen?  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#7]
tornado hit around 5 - 5:30 pm tonight in colchester, IL.....i am visiting my g/f right now at school in macomb and since we were in the dorms taking a nap we had a rude awakening to the sirens going off and they made everyone get in the stairwells and we had to sit there for approx. 45 minutes....sucked balls.....so we drove to colchester and checked out the damage but couldn't find ne thing...then again i'm not sure exactly where the 'nado hit.......on a side note......in champaign this evening one of the bars on the corner of university and neil st. had its roof blown off from the wind and southwest of champaign where i live we had hail......and the champaign crap was the first wave and i just talked to my parents and they're getting ready to get the second wave soon.....stay safe everyone!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:27:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Crap--I got a bunch of singles blown off of my house.  

Poor Springfield--stuff's blowing down/away faster than it can be put back up.  

The good news for me is my roof was only a few years old and I saved a bundle of shingles back.  The damage is near the peak so hopefully it won't take much to repair.  

Never knew money was a good layer for your roof.

At the range yesterday it poured for a while in the morning. Had some good thunder and lightning.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Not too much last night here--but I just FLEW home from work trying to beat it here.

Last year was pretty quiet. July 13, 2004, an F4 passed within 3/4 of a mile of my house. No power for 2+ days with 200+ power poles gone. It totally destroyed a factory a few miles down the road.

Link
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I remember that
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Not too much last night here--but I just FLEW home from work trying to beat it here.

Last year was pretty quiet. July 13, 2004, an F4 passed within 3/4 of a mile of my house. No power for 2+ days with 200+ power poles gone. It totally destroyed a factory a few miles down the road.

Link

Dont mess with mother Nature!  DAYUM!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#13]
3 weeks ago I lost a tree in the front yard to the tornadoes that passed just to my south, last night the family was in the basement and I could tell it was worse.  Both times the roar from the wind was undescribable.  The neighbor across the road lost a pole barn this time.  My office is over on the west side of town (springfield). It got pretty banged up on the 12th and then last night, the tar paper that had been put down got ripped off.  The upstairs office all got flooded.  A friend from work was without power for more than a week after the 12th.  I lent them a generator for part of it.

Jm03, I was in Chenoa when those storms went over us.  I was stuck outside with no cover available.  That sky was the most amazing thing I have ever seen.  The clouds rolling and turning and then the temp dropping 20 degrees in about 15 minutes after the front went by. EXCITING
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top