Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 8:45:02 PM EDT
Are there any restrictions in Illinois to building ARs, AKs,FNs etc.? What are you folks building?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Are there any restrictions in Illinois to building ARs, AKs,FNs etc.? What are you folks building?

Local and federal law apply, but there isnt a state law at this time.  Im sure most people here have at least put together an AR. I think this summer Ill put together an AK. Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is my work in progress. Mega lower

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:33:17 AM EDT
[#3]
i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209

efxguy
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/spclefx/pistolAR.jpg

efxguy

I didn't see that beauty in your garage last Winter

I like the new ElCamino, but I like that better
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Are Ar pistols ok here? I only ask because I'd like to get or build one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/spclefx

efxguy

How do you like the new company logo?

i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/spclefx/pistolAR.jpg

efxguy

How do you like the new company logo?

i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/spclefx/Untitled-1.jpg

Sweet.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:02:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are Ar pistols ok here? I only ask because I'd like to get or build one.

Yep. In the eyes of the law, they are pistols like a 1911 or a Glock, nothing more.

I just saw 2 AR pistols at the gunshow this weekend from RRA.

If you put a buttstock on it though, you just stepped into SBR territory and you might have some 'splainin to do if you get caught.

WIZZO

BTW: I've built a couple AR's. I haven't gotten into AK's much more than my WASR-10.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I haven't gotten into AK's much more than my WASR-10.

Wanna build one this summer?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

I fuxored up my AK anyways. Me+dremel+mags that don't want to fit=AK that no longer wants to work

I gotta order a new mag release now.

I've told myself that I'm not building any rifles at all this summer. Last summer I built 2 AR's. I'm having trouble convincing my parents that a 19 year old needs more than 4 AR's now

BTW, just to clear things up with people on the outside, living at home, I clear all big purchases with my parents and then buy it myself. They don't buy me anything.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

I fuxored up my AK anyways. Me+dremel+mags that don't want to fit=AK that no longer wants to work

I gotta order a new mag release now.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#12]
build away
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Local and federal law apply, but there isnt a state law at this time.  Im sure most people here have at least put together an AR. I think this summer Ill put together an AK. Looking forward to it.

ak-47, build it yourself......there is a topic there about an ak build party in Illinois we want to get started...... right now we have about 3-4 people
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ak-47, build it yourself......there is a topic there about an ak build party in Illinois we want to get started...... right now we have about 3-4 people

Cool beans...I just need a press to remove the barrel, got everything else...linky to thread?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#15]
yea, here ya go........the one guy has everything but has not built an ak yetar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=84511
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool beans...I just need a press to remove the barrel, got everything else...linky to thread?

Dawg,

Lemme know when you need a press. I'd like to do a build myself and have a lot of tools.

efxguy

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
yea, here ya go........the one guy has everything but has not built an ak yetar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=84511

I'm going to have to get in on that. Got 2 kits just waiting to be built.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#18]
just got 1911 barrel fitting tooling...   been intimidated for a while but been tightening frames, fitting trigger groups, fitting other parts, etc.   waiting on specialty barrel from Brownells (special order)

just tested FAL build at 200 yds. Sun, worked perfect-parts from gunthings.com and dsa

put together some AK's from parts I was sitting on since Clinton days (bought cheap before knew what to do w/ them)-rivit builds

sitting on a large stock of Vz58 parts, will be next build w/ OOH receiver

next M14 will be built locally when LRB's forged receiver w/integral scope mount becomes avail

little bored w/store bought guns right now....kinda like store bought ammo... or store bought motorcycles
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
just got 1911 barrel fitting tooling...   been intimidated for a while but been tightening frames, fitting trigger groups, fitting other parts, etc.   waiting on specialty barrel from Brownells (special order)

just tested FAL build at 200 yds. Sun, worked perfect-parts from gunthings.com and dsa

put together some AK's from parts I was sitting on since Clinton days (bought cheap before knew what to do w/ them)-rivit builds

sitting on a large stock of Vz58 parts, will be next build w/ OOH receiver

next M14 will be built locally when LRB's forged receiver w/integral scope mount becomes avail

little bored w/store bought guns right now....kinda like store bought ammo... or store bought motorcycles

So when you having us over?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top