Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 9:54:58 AM EDT
Good news for the good folks of Kansas....the CCW bill 418 which the governor had swore to veto was overridden: Motion to override veto prevailed; bill passed; Yeas 91 Nays 33
That leaves us, Wisconsin and Nebraska...you all know who will be the hold out....

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Good news for the good folks of Kansas....the CCW bill 418 which the governor had swore to veto was overridden: Motion to override veto prevailed; bill passed; Yeas 91 Nays 33
That leaves us, Wisconsin and Nebraska...you all know who will be the hold out....

Nebraska is expected to pass theirs this year, and wisconsin will next year after they get their libtard governor out.

It's a great day for liberty!

Is my Florida CCW good in Kansas yet?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I...... hate....... Kansas.......so........much

but atleast hes not an Iowegian
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats good, Im happy for them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#4]
so i'm confused when you say there were three.  do all other states offer ccw to the general population (barring background checks and passing a class-blah, blah, blah) or are some of the other states only offering to retired law enforcement and retired military?  and if some others do-what's the ratio?

jake

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#5]
www.packing.org

Yes, he is talking about states offering CCW to public citizens and not just retired LEOs.  (The CCW for retired LEO's is federal legislation and preempts all local legislation.  However, they still have to get training/license locally.)

Basically the blue ones are "shall issue" states, where if you meet the requirements they have to give you the permit.  The tan states are "may issue" states where they have discretion on whether or not to issue you a permit.

The red is self-explanatory. (They haven't yet updated to make Kansas blue).  So now there are only three states where you are SOL.  

Don't you feel lucky that you get to live in one of those three?  I know the criminals do.

ETA2:  Here's another map:

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I like their music...

Now when are we getting CCW?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.packing.org

www.packing.org/state/images/size_400/all_united_states_phpSWVS3u_all_usa_map.gif

Yes, he is talking about states offering CCW to public citizens and not just retired LEOs.  (The CCW for retired LEO's is federal legislation and preempts all local legislation.  However, they still have to get training/license locally.)

Basically the blue ones are "shall issue" states, where if you meet the requirements they have to give you the permit.  The tan states are "may issue" states where they have discretion on whether or not to issue you a permit.

The red is self-explanatory. (They haven't yet updated to make Kansas blue).  So now there are only three states where you are SOL.  

Don't you feel lucky that you get to live in one of those three?  I know the criminals do.

................mutherfucker-what an ABORTION of a state we live in.........................

jake
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#8]
damn

im thinking its time to move
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
damn

im thinking its time to move

That's the spirit!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:59:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks silas, for the map, I couln't find it anywhere when I started the thread.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks silas, for the map, I couln't find it anywhere when I started the thread.

YW.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#12]
fixed
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Good for Kansas. I can't wait until Illinois is the only state in the union that considers carrying a concealed handgun to be a felony.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Good for Kansas. I can't wait until Illinois is the only state in the union that considers carrying a concealed handgun to be a felony.

Yeah, hopefully by then, I'll be looking from the outside, in.  Fuck this state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top