Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 1:44:41 PM EDT
I'll be scrounging parts for my next rifle Sunday.  Who's gonna be there?  Who wants to buy me breakfast?  Lunch?  Beer?  Drive me home?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
can you give some info on show-is it good size,good buys?  hours?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Bad news is, it's not til the 25/26...oops..

Good news is, that gives more time to get the facts....
show is held at the county fairgrounds, runs typical (for this area) hours til around 4/5.  several buildings are used.  Don't know for sure how many tables.  Show has a great reputation for attendance and participation.  far enough north to see some of the chicagoland vendors there.  Maybe this thread can get more input on the show.  I've only been once.  Saw more AR hardware there than all the others Central IL shows I've been to combined.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there with my bro (wizzo)
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm always there, money or not. I like the show, personally.

Not really looking for anything this time around, but maybe something will jump off a table at me.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there Saturday for sure and maybe Sunday also.
Always looking for reloading supplies and little things.
Money is not a problem any more because of the Money Tree at work(we call it OVERTIME).
I'll be the one with half open BLOODSHOT eyes!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:54:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I was looking for a BBQ  sandwich  at the last one ....On a Sunday,   They didn't have any.

I always go , I pick something up here and there.

I think they need to fill the grounds with brass to help with the mud.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:23:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
maybe something will jump off a table at me.
WIZZO

Hope I'm not standing nearby.  I'm like a frooking lightning rod.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
i'm going not sure which day yet...  princeton is usualy the one i try to hit once a year..
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I might be around, will know closer to date.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Might not make it there Saturday. The RRA stripped lowers are in and I hope to pick it up Sat. I should be able to get the thing assembled Saturday night and go to Princeton Sunday to pick up all the little springs that are for sure going to go BOING into a black hole somewhere in space!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Might not nake there Saturday. The RRA stripped lowers are in and I hope to pick it up Sat. I should be able to get the thing assembled Saturday night and go to Princeton Sunday to pick up all the little springs that are for sure going to go BOING into a black hole somewhere in space!

My basement floor owes me a gas tube roll pin!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I've only done one build so far.  Put it together while watching TV.  Had no launches or close calls.  RB did say that the type of lower I was using goes together easier than any other's he's used, but was I just lucky?  Do I need to pick up a second parts kit for spares?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I've only done one build so far.  Put it together while watching TV.  Had no launches or close calls.  RB did say that the type of lower I was using goes together easier than any other's he's used, but was I just lucky?  Do I need to pick up a second parts kit for spares?  

Never hurts to have extras.  Of everything.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Is Princeton worth the drive for some one from the O'Hare area? Keep in mind, tthe three things I always am looking for are ammo, EBR mags, and N-frame Smith & Wessons.

EDIT- Never mind, I just Googled Princeton's location, and they would have to be giving stuff away to make it worth while with the gas it would take to get there.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Is Princeton worth the drive for some one from the O'Hare area? Keep in mind, tthe three things I always am looking for are ammo, EBR mags, and N-frame Smith & Wessons.

EDIT- Never mind, I just Googled Princeton's location, and they would have to be giving stuff away to make it worth while with the gas it would take to get there.

Mags are more $ than online, depends on the ammo but usually not a good supply anymore of ammo, I usually see a lot of handguns there but dont pay as much attention to types. Dont forget for a handgun you would have to make another trip to wherever they are from.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I need to know where you buy mags then!!!!!
I wouldn't come down from the city, probably, though.  The reason I like the show is because it was the only place I saw some of the ppl from up north.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I plan on showing up at the show for Saturday.  I'll be coming in from Moline.  I wouldn't mind meeting some of my fellow arfcom members at the show.

Feel free to e-mail or IM me if you want to hook up.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Will be there both days. Maybe some of us can meet up for breakfast somewhere. The Country Kitchen by I 80 has a decent breakfast buffet.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Both days?  You exhibiting?  Wow that sounded wrong.  You working the show?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:00:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Show opens tomorrow.  Jager, you're going both days?  Does that mean you know what time the doors open?  I am 93% sure of Sunday.  Who else is going for sure and when?  Does anyone have interest in meeting for breakfast?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I live 10 miles west of Princeton and know a few dealers. I always run into someone I know no matter what time or day I show up there.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I might be able to get down there tomorrow. Won't be in the morning, though.

Shooting for sometime in the afternoon.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#23]
No go for me, whens the next one? Halloween?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:43:06 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I live 10 miles west of Princeton and know a few dealers. I always run into someone I know no matter what time or day I show up there.  

Some of us try to avoid YOU!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#25]
I wish I had friends, Mikey
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#26]
i wasnt able to make it down there this weekend... oh well maybe next time...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:51:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey Jager.....didn't see you yesterday!

Actually my day was all FUBAR'ed and I made it only in time to force a couple vendors to delay their departure while I picked through their already packed up and ready to leave inventories.  Sorry about missing lunch.

For anyone in the Peoria, Galesburg, LP, Princeton, etc. areas, I did see a sign that the Chillicothe Sportsmens Club is hosting a show next weekend.  I didn't even know they did shows there.  They're on Rte 29 North of Chillicothe.

Info is on the crew calendar.

Peace
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I was there sat morning 8:30,ate break.at lamp post-found a deal on 7mm rem mag ammo! picked up some ar stuff from MAPartsinc.com's table as well! good show but a long drive for me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#29]
My father & I made the trek up there on Saturday. The place was packed, but was a hell of a lot better than any show in Peoria or Bloomington. I picked up the rest of the parts I needed to finish my first AR, well except a BUIS. My dad picked up a Polish Tantal AK-74 kit and we both bought some ammo. We will definitly be going back.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:23:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

For anyone in the Peoria, Galesburg, LP, Princeton, etc. areas, I did see a sign that the Chillicothe Sportsmens Club is hosting a show next weekend.  I didn't even know they did shows there.  They're on Rte 29 North of Chillicothe.

I'll be at the Chillicothe show around Noon Saturday. The show is small (real small), but you have to go to see the setup they have. A couple rifle ranges, a shotgun range, a couple archery ranges, a real nice clubhouse, and lots of land. Might be nice enough to take the bike down!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:11:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Any chance they'll have the range open for "trial shoots" for non members?  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Any chance they'll have the range open for "trial shoots" for non members?  

I really doubt it (when it's open to the public), but you can always ask.

I found the link to the Chilli gun club. Any questions can be answered there.

Chilli gun club
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Mikey,
Don't you have to go to work?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Mikey,
Don't you have to go to work?

Turn on you IM ,  A h screw it,   8MM , Delaney's  food is on me.  IM me .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top