Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 8:50:29 AM EDT
So I keep seeing these TV ads for the above and also Forest Claypool, his opponent.

Quite frankly I don't know who to believe so I'm asking your thoughts on both candidates.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Both look like thieves to me, but I've heard from other Cook County residents that Stroger really is the suck.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Stroger = bad
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Scum.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I've spoken with John Stroger at length, previously. He is a very pleasant, approachable man. He has been one of the few officials that I have interacted with that bothered to be honest with me, and not denigrate my postitions outright. I do not despise him.

Regardless, Stroger needs to be defeated. Possibly, the stroke may have done just that. Lets all hope Claypool is less interested in going along with Daley.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.

Edit to add-I've heard terrible things about the Cook County Hospital, which Stroger had fought tooth and nail to get.  You wait as long as like 18 hours to get medical care, you wait hours to get prescriptions.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Wonder if that is where they took him after his stroke yesterday?

Doubt it!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wonder if that is where they took him after his stroke yesterday?

Doubt it!

They took him to Rush.

Maybe he'll die.  I bet he still wins the primary.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]
All you need to know about him is that Da Mayor indorses him.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks guys.

Edit to add-I've heard terrible things about the Cook County Hospital, which Stroger had fought tooth and nail to get.  You wait as long as like 18 hours to get medical care, you wait hours to get prescriptions.  

Yet he named it after himself. The rest of us prefer to name things after people as a memorial.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks guys.

Yet he named it after himself. The rest of us prefer to name things after people as a memorial.

That screams "egotistical" like nothing else, right?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#11]
He Gone....or should be!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#12]
May be moot. Karmic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top