Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 3:26:05 PM EDT
Link to Article

Chicago Mayor Daley's latest rant against law abiding firearm owners suggests strongly that it's time to pad the walls of the 5th Floor of City Hall with rubber.

In a statement delivered yesterday, a highly agitated Daley demanded that the state's 1.5 million law-abiding firearm owners trek to Chicago to appear before him and explain why their firearms should not be banned and confiscated.

Daley's outburst comes in the wake of a pair of terrorist attacks in the city's Englewood neighborhood that left two young girls dead. Law enforcement officials believe that the Englewood attacks are an outgrowth of a drug gang turf war being raged in the troubled neighborhood.

"Like all people of good conscience, the state's hunters and sportsmen are sickened by the murders of innocent children," said ISRA Executive Director Richard Pearson. "It's disturbing to think that there are people out there who will pepper a home full of children with bullets for the sake of securing a corner drug outlet. But those people are out there and, while Richie Daley and Phil Cline spent the weekend swilling green beer and bagels, a Baghdad mentality settled over Englewood. Daley is losing control of his city and all he can do is lay down a smokescreen of blame against the state's law-abiding firearm owners."

"I have a message for you Mr. Mayor," continued Pearson. "The Revolutionary War was not fought so that we could unseat King George and install King Richard. The Bill of Rights is not a stick of salami that you can slice and dice at your whim. You may have succeeded in suspending the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 9th Amendments in Chicago. But the people of Illinois are not going to let you extend your tyranny beyond the city limits. And no, we have no obligation to come to Chicago, kneel before your throne, and beg to freely exercise the rights that so many before us have died for."

"To be honest, Mr. Mayor, I think Chicago would be a much better place if you spent less time in front of the cameras, and more time behind your desk."

Support Concealed Carry for Illinois IllinoisCarry.com
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Daley's outburst comes in the wake of a pair of terrorist attacks in the city's Englewood neighborhood that left two young girls dead. Law enforcement officials believe that the Englewood attacks are an outgrowth of a drug gang turf war being raged in the troubled neighborhood.

"Terrorist Attacks?" WTF?

"I have a message for you Mr. Mayor," continued Pearson. "The Revolutionary War was not fought so that we could unseat King George and install King Richard. The Bill of Rights is not a stick of salami that you can slice and dice at your whim. You may have succeeded in suspending the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 9th Amendments in Chicago. But the people of Illinois are not going to let you extend your tyranny beyond the city limits. And no, we have no obligation to come to Chicago, kneel before your throne, and beg to freely exercise the rights that so many before us have died for."

Damn straight.

"To be honest, Mr. Mayor, I think Chicago would be a much better place if you spent less time in front of the cameras, and more time behind your desk."

No kidding!

Fuck Daley and his bullshit.  We're not going to beg for our rights! WE DEMAND our rights!  We WILL FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS!

Daley doesn't need help.  He needs a swift kick in the arse that should have come a LONG time ago.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd be glad to visit Mr. Daley's office and inform him exactly why I own my firearms, so long as I can carry one locked and loaded on my hip when I do so.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd be glad to visit Mr. Daley's office and inform him exactly why I own my firearms, so long as I can carry one locked and loaded on my hip when I do so.

I will gladly join you and I will gladly go unarmed. Daley is a spoiled sissy brat that grew up in a Chicago crime family. He's truely a dictator and truely delusional.

I have plenty of things to say to King Daley the ghetto lord.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will gladly join you and I will gladly go unarmed. Daley is a spoiled sissy brat that grew up in a Chicago crime family. He's truely a dictator and truely delusional.

Sorry man, but rules are rules.  The closest to Chicago I go without a damn good reason is O'Hare.  There's no hope for Daley anyway, no sense in becoming a victim just to attempt to help ourselves.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Sorry man, but rules are rules.  The closest to Chicago I go without a damn good reason is O'Hare.  There's no hope for Daley anyway, no sense in becoming a victim just to attempt to help ourselves.

I know what you mean. I try to stay away from O'hare to. After all CPD "secures" it and we all know who really controls CPD.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Nice.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I avoid Chicago at all costs. I refuse to spend a red cent in that city. I don't think I have been in Chicago at all in at least two years.

I remember the old days when carrying a loaded handgun was a misdameanor, my Dad always kept a locked and loaded Combat Commander in his truck, he was a teacher at a vocational school in Chicago. I wouldn't carry illegaly, but Dad was Dad and he did what he needed to do.

Teaching gangbangers a trade was a dangerous gig.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#8]
In a statement delivered yesterday, a highly agitated Daley demanded that the state's 1.5 million law-abiding firearm owners trek to Chicago to appear before him and explain why their firearms should not be banned and confiscated.

Did Daley really say that??? Anyone have a link to that statement??

EDIT: Never mind...I found a link to the video of Daley...he's losing it. His anti-gun mindset is taking over...he's literally losing it.

Video link to Daley's outburst
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#9]

My answer. "My firearms serve many purposes: recreation,  competition, and self defense. They also work quite well for that one clean shot, at a gang-banger wildly firing around kids."
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#10]
In Fal's link to nbc 5 I found a poll of 996 votes with 23% for a ban and 77% against a awb. I think the numbers speak for themselves.

edit:Ghostwalker already has thread about this post.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#11]
If you watch the video ,Daley acts like he's drunk. Sluurrrrrrrrrrrrrring his words and, not speaking very clearly. Look under the assault weapens ban title. They ask if you agree with Daley 77% say no. Please ad to the poll.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh yeah.

He's hammered.

Flush red and fighting the slur by overenunciating. Can we get an officer to weigh in on the footage. If this guy got out of a car you had stopped would you give him the "Field" or ask him to blow outright?

What a jackass.

Lets all buy him a subscription to Small Arms Revue and have them sent to City hall. Or better yet buy them for random people woking in city hall.

JR
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I agree with racecar,  he's definitely lit.   Don't forget to vote next week boys.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I agree with racecar,  he's definitely lit.   Don't forget to vote next week boys.  

I intend to.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Already did.  (Absentee)
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Daley is a long time lush. So was his daddy. He's also an idiot, as if we didn't all now that.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#17]
now its 1241 that disagree bringing it to 84% no,  cheers Daley      
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#18]
sort of off topic, but chicago nonetheless

http://egov.cityofchicago.org/webportal/COCWebPortal/COC_EDITORIAL/04AR.pdf

its the 2004 cpd report, look at firearms recoverd, its almost 10K per year back through 1995!

shocking even for this former law enforcement guy (i did the court part, nuff said) any background info?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top