Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 9:07:52 AM EDT
I will be moving back to Illinois in the next few months. Please don't tell me not to move back, I have no choice on this. Question is this. If I move back I need a FOID card that takes 30-45 days to get. But first you have to be a resident. How do you move into the state with firearms and not be in violation of the law for 30-60 days until your foid shows up? I Will not leave my guns in AZ and then drive back here 1600 miles to get them. That is just plain stupid.
Any ideas on how this will work out in this situation.
Thanks

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't give out your full given name here on the board...actually even mention that you are coming back with firearms on this board was not the best idea either. As powers to be, could find out.

Don't give any further information as too dates when you are coming back.  If you are militarty or will be x military, I'm not sure but you would have a grace peiord.

I know when I was living in Arizona, I came back often to hunt, but I was a former resident of this arse  of state.

There might be a provision in your case, but till then....don't give out detail information.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Your valid AZ drivers license is as good as a foid here.
Maybe get an AZ ID card to go with your DL incase IL confiscates your AZ DL when you go to get a IL DL.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top