Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 8:23:02 AM EDT
If you are looking for ammo cans $8.00. Belleville Surplus has about 12 more that are in good condition little to no rust. got 2 more this weekend. They also have quarts? of LSA for 12.00, chamber brush and other goodies. They were very nice people, I will definitely go back there again. Belleville Shooting Range has quite a few boxes of q3131 for $5.50, bought 5 but didn't like the price alot. I asked about Wolf (just wolf-curious), and the guy said "NO NO NO-lacquer coated,blah,blah" I told him about polycoated, and brass wolf. I must have been a liar or idiot...
I wonder if I get to be a prophet now? My second YUCK to BSR I don't think I'll be back.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The folks at BSR tried to warn me about using PCA poly stuff.  Wish I had listened to them, but I lodged some necks in my bbl, and got primers in my lower.  They do know their stuff in there.  Check out their bios on their web page.  Pretty impressive, especially Steve. I like the surplus store as well.  So where do you shoot if you do not use the BSR? I have looked around and have not found one.  Sorry to hear you have had bad experiences in there.  They can be a little standoffish until they know you.  But they are good people and really an advocate for shooters in the area.  Just my $.02
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I live north of ofallon in the county, I shoot in the "backyard". I maybe came off too harsh on BSR. It was funny to have a guy in the business tell me 3? year old info??? I do know his heart was in the right place and he was only trying to help. Some of the guys I have talked to there are very knowledgable.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in Shiloh  so shooting outside is now out of the question, but at one time there was nothing out here.  You are lucky that you can shoot in your back yard.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Next time I have time to shoot would you like an invite? Shooting with someone else would be a cool change. Let me know.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure thing , I was going to go shooting this weekend at BSR.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I usually shoot at the Caseyville range, but with all the construction, moving locations, and Mark Kern things are a mess.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I did not even know there was another range.  Is it outside?  Where is it at?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I did not even know there was another range.  Is it outside?  Where is it at?

The original Caseyville range is on 159 south of St. Clair Square.  The new range is supposed to be opening up across the street from teh Mascoutah Sportsmans Club.  Both are outdoor with up to a 200yd rifle range, handgun range etc.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#9]
That sounds like a great location.  It is getting pretty hard to find any land around here that does not have either a business or houses going up on it.  I would like to sight in at 50 yards but have not had the chance to do so as the BSR is only 25 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top