Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 5:38:25 PM EDT
Got your attention? Good! Anyways with it getting close to opening day, a little over a month away. We are asking if you have access to cardboard roughly large enough to use as backers for the rifle and pistol range to bring it when you come out. The more the merrier. Any questions drop me a line.

I'd like to thank Brass hog for letting everyone know I was away for the weekend. Yes, I was at Quantico teaching a defensive handgun course. I taught them how to shoot out the corners and sides of a target.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Got your attention? Good! Anyways with it getting close to opening day, a little over a month away. We are asking if you have access to cardboard roughly large enough to use as backers for the rifle and pistol range to bring it when you come out. The more the merrier. Any questions drop me a line.

I'd like to thank Brass hog for letting everyone know I was away for the weekend. Yes, I was at Quantico teaching a defensive handgun course. I taught them how to shoot out the corners and sides of a target.

You were just trying to make sure those middles were still intact, right

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Got your attention? Good! Anyways with it getting close to opening day, a little over a month away. We are asking if you have access to cardboard roughly large enough to use as backers for the rifle and pistol range to bring it when you come out.

I'll be on the lookout, and I'll scrounge up some by Mar. 31st.  Usually the dumpsters behind the big box retail chains are paydirt!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]
So now all the folks at quantico are rendered completely worthless as well. We may have to have a poll on what Sig223 is allowed to carry at the range. Shotgun, bricks or large stones.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]

I taught them how to shoot out the corners and sides of a target.

It's taken me years to be able to hit the paper at all. I wish I had known that there were courses for hitting the corners and sides. Good idea about the cardboard I should be able to hit that (at 25 yards)!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So now all the folks at quantico are rendered completely worthless as well. We may have to have a poll on what Sig223 is allowed to carry at the range. Shotgun, bricks or large stones.

Hmm my best bet might be the shotgun. Thanks Ron.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm my best bet might be the shotgun. Thanks Ron

You are welcome. Although I do disagree with your choice, simply from the safety aspect, at least you may get on the paper 50% of the time with that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You could probably hit it with a shotgun.

Just make sure you tie a long rope on it so after you throw it at the target you can pull it back to you without calling a cease fire.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You could probably hit it with a shotgun.

Just make sure you tie a long rope on it so after you throw it at the target you can pull it back to you without calling a cease fire.  

As long as your there I'll have you go fetch it for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top