Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:49:39 AM EDT
(social, not shooting outing)
How's March 11th, 12th, 25th or 26th sound?

Since Buffalo Range opens up on the 31st of March, why not celebrate early with -- Buffalo wings of course!

And what better place than HOOTER'S of Downers Grove - 1303 Butterfield Rd.

From the west, take I-88 E/B to I-355 North, then follow below directions:

From north or south, take I-355, exit Butterfield Rd & drive east about half a mile, it's on your right.

From Chicago, take I-88 west, exit @ Highland Rd turn right onto Highland than make an immediate left onto Butterfield. Up about half a mile on your left.

edit: The vote's showing the 11th is the day most can make it. Let's shoot for 7:00 and see how long it takes to get a table. Try to post here earlier in the day that day if you're going so whoever gets there first knows how many people to list for a table.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Did he say Hooters?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Count me any Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I heard Hooters

11th should be good for me.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow nice results.   My little girl's 4Th . B- Day party is on the 11TH , @ 4 P.M.  

Her B-Day is on the 7TH.   We will have a small party for then, we are working around every one else's  schedule and going with the party and so it's the 11Th.   It has changed 4 times already.

Your all invited to eat cake , hell ,  My wife told me to invite ya over on the 18Th.   I was feeling a little bit kicked in the nuts though.    I am still eating chili,   .   I have a heated garage too.

Also have outdoor plumbing = Big field.
1/2 hour on the back roads to my place from the range.  faster if your a Leo , or know where where your going.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#5]
11th= IM IN.  I think thats my first day of spring break, so that would work the best.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to have to re-arrange my schedule at work to go, so any day is fine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Any of those days sound good for me -- thus far...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to see one for those of us down south.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#10]
downers grove eh??? my g/f lives in plainfield and she'll have spring break i believe and therefore i might be able to make it up.........the real task would be getting her out there lol...see what i can do!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Me too, where are you?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I picke the 11th.  Myself and Likebuddah will be in the land of cheese for the morning/afternoon, so if he's up to it, we could come back and hit some wings.

I am so game, 11th sounds great !!! 26th is out for me, as I will be back in ACUs...errrrr
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too, where are you?

Close to Belleville, I'm wondering about the possibility of a St Louis Area get together as that's just a few minutes away.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#14]
oh whoops i misread that...i thought we were going to buffalo range that day too but eatin at hooters b4 that....and actually after confirming with my g/f i have been to that hooters a few times....right outside of lombard.....well then if you don't mind my g/f loves hooters and would love to come along...no i'm not pussy whipped....but since i would initially be there to see her i would feel like an ass for not inviting her.....and when i said it might be hard to talk her into coming.... iwas talking about the range....it's not so much that she hates firearms....cuz she knows that when peacekeeping they may one day save my life but she just doesnt like the fact they they may also some day be the cause of my death....but she is getting better and i've almost talked her into shooting....hope to see you all there..............oh and i'm up for a get together like this in the champaign bloomington area if ne one else is up to it
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too, where are you?

Close to Belleville, I'm wondering about the possibility of a St Louis Area get together as that's just a few minutes away.

Im around Peoria which isnt really south lL, but just wondering. If yo do have a meet around St.Louis plan it far enough ahead to make long term plans. I go to a handful of Cardinal games ever summer.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Card Fan, HAHAHAHHA.   JK.    Go Cubs.     Heck lets do a Bloomington or Peoria dinner Too.  

Not much difference to me.   Our Roanoke  Mike  I'm sure would dig it.  

If not caravan to boobs.........
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Sorry , my wife likes to meet the people that we shoot with.      It is just a reason for her to go shopping UP North, for her,.   She shops, I well ,look at boobs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too, where are you?

Im around Peoria which isnt really south lL, but just wondering. If yo do have a meet around St.Louis plan it far enough ahead to make long term plans. I go to a handful of Cardinal games ever summer.

CARDS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!.......Cubs can hardly make the playoffs....it must be somthing with Chicago
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:31:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Sorry , my wife likes to meet the people that we shoot with.      It is just a reason for her to go shopping UP North, for her,.   She shops, I well ,look at boobs.

+1 sir!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:02:51 AM EDT
[#22]
I would be interested in a Central Illinois shoot, or even one near St. Louis.  I'm in Bloomington, so pretty centrally located.

Mark
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too, where are you?

CARDS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!.......Cubs can hardly make the playoffs....it must be somthing with Chicago

Yeah, must be something wtih Chicago teams.  Especially the White Sox.  They did aweful this year.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too, where are you?

Yeah, must be something wtih Chicago teams.  Especially the White Sox.  They did aweful this year.  

oooooooo that hurts..........Chicago still has 3 teams that suck
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Lets meet at the one in Springfield and Im there.

Maybe I will have to organise one for the Down state folk?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Lets meet at the one in Springfield and Im there.

Maybe I will have to organise one for the Down state folk?

How about this weekend?  Im game.  Saterday, Hooters...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#31]
10 minutes from Downer's Grove....in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Bump as a reminder.  We still on for Saturday?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#33]
?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh yes I will be there. I am going to have Ms. Likebuddah come as well. So infact Tim stops implying that I am gay.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Bump as a reminder.  We still on for Saturday?

Yep. Still on.  Don't forget!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Oh yes I will be there. I am going to have Ms. Likebuddah come as well. So infact Tim stops implying that I am gay.

Bring her along!

No Ms. this time for me, if I come.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Ahhh, I don't feel like driving to Chicago this weekend. I'll have to pass this time. I'm coming down with something, anyways.

npd and cody, send an IM my way next week if ya'll want to get dinner down in Geneseo. I'll still be in-state because my spring break plans have been trashed.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I may be home this weekend, so If I make it back, count me in.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:40:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I was planning on joining ya'll, however, due to the death of a close family friend I will be unable to attend....have a good time....mack
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I was planning on joining ya'll, however, due to the death of a close family friend I will be unable to attend....have a good time....mack

Sorry to hear about your friend.

See you next time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#41]
not going to make it
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone still going?

I'm planning on going but will be by myself.

Will be wearing a blue smith & wesson ball cap & black north face vest.  Anyone want to exchange cell numbers?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm planning on heading up there shortly.  

For purposes of identification, I'll bring a tan Costa Maya hat, and maybe my Icarry.org jacket.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks got the IM! Anyone else?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll be there in my flannel shirt, I'm sure you guys will recognize me.

I invited LoadedDrum, too....so he'll be there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#46]
It was nice meeting all in attendance last night.

Now the hard part; recalling all your names and screen names. Some one fill in or fix what I don't recall. Also, Tim post the pics with names please.

NPD233=Dave
J0E1972 = Joe
CodyCoyote = Cody
Tim 84K10 = Tim
Nate =
Paul =
Dan =
Guy sitting between Cody and Paul (Sorry I am really bad with names) =

At least, I remembered the cop and the three easy ones.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:24:47 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
It was nice meeting all in attendance last night.

Now the hard part; recalling all your names and screen names. Some one fill in or fix what I don't recall. Also, Tim post the pics with names please.

npd233=Dave
joe1972 = Joe
CodyCoyote = Cody
Tim84K10 = Tim
Nate = Nate7out
Paul = silascobb
Dan = drobs
Guy sitting between Cody and Paul (Sorry I am really bad with names) = Anthony (likebuddah)

At least, I remembered the cop and the three easy ones.

Added the rest for ya! Nice seeing all of you.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#48]
I had a really good time last night. Much better than sitting at home on here! Very good meeting all of you. We should do it again.

I have never been to Hooters before and gotta say those were without a doubt the worst wings I have ever had!!!
Atmosphere was nice though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I had a really good time last night. Much better than sitting at home on here! Very good meeting all of you. We should do it again.

I have never been to Hooters before and gotta say those were without a doubt the worst wings I have ever had!!!

Definitely, we should make this a regular thing.  Tuesday nights are best for me, but I know you guys can't do it in the middle of the week.

Buffalo wild wings has better wings, and women that are just as good looking, they just have more clothes on.

35 cent wings on tuesdays, too...

I don't know about you guys, but those wings last night weren't up to par for hooters.  Usually they're better.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Good seeing all you guys.  Whoever had the camera, post the pic when you get a chance.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top