Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 12:29:40 PM EDT
This event has been canceled

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh man...quit teasing me like that. You guys in WI get to have all the fun.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Schweet!  Dibs on the G36K and UMP.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
"all ammunition must be purchased from The Shooters Shop on the day of the shoot."

does than meen expensive brass case federal,winchester ect ect.... or cheap plinker wolf,silver bear, surplus,ect??
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"all ammunition must be purchased from The Shooters Shop on the day of the shoot."

does than meen expensive brass case federal,winchester ect ect.... or cheap plinker wolf,silver bear, surplus,ect??

Im sure it will not be any of the cheap stuff, hopefully they will have a good price on ammo when I find out how much $ I will post
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That's generally the deal. God forbid you fir military surplus through a military rifle
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Cancelled
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ammo Prices
9mm bx of 50 10.99
S&W 40 bx of 50 14.95
45 ACP bx of 50 14.99
223 frangible bx 0f 50 29.95
5.7 for the P 90 $1.00 per round Limited quantities

The ammo is not priced that bad most mg rental place charge by the magazine.

Hope tp see you there
Mark

That's really not a bad ammo price. If we want to go do we just show up on the 12th? Some directions from 94?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:16:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That's really not a bad ammo price. If we want to go do we just show up on the 12th? Some directions from 94?

I was there when I drove up to Potawatami several weeks ago.   It's not all that hard to find:

The Shooters Shop, 2465 S. 84th Street, West Allis, WI 53227. Phone: 414-327-7044

Store Hours: Monday through Friday 10am to 7pm, Saturday 10am to 6pm. Sundays 11am to 4pm.

Directions: Exit I-94 at 84th Street and head south 19 blocks. [this would only apply if you went all the way to downtown Milwaukee and doubled back]  Or exit I-894 at Lincoln Avenue, head east to 84th Street, turn right and we're just two blocks south.

Google Map Showing Location

ETA: I'm pretty sure it's on the LEFT if you are heading north, and on the RIGHT if you are heading south.  The signs aren't that pronounced so make sure you are looking the right direction when you get to that area.  (I blew past it the first time and had to double back when I realized the addresses were too high).
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#9]
We shoot F/A all the time Decatur Area, some friends are class 3 bring your ammo shoot there guns,
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#10]
How much of the $40 fee to get in actually goes to WCCM? The ammo is high but not all bad, seen worse.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:46:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How much of the $40 fee to get in actually goes to WCCM? The ammo is high but not all bad, seen worse.

No offense but ammo is expensive. Those ammo prices are like the exact same prices you see on ammo anywhere else.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#12]
The event has been cancelled.

Dear fellow gun owner:

Our scheduled March 12th fund-raising submachine gun shoot has received a lot of attention. Unfortunately, not all of that attention has been good.

The potential--and I must emphasize the word "potential"--for our opponents to turn this into an ugly situation has become apparent to me.

While subgun shoots take place all the time, this was first and foremost a political event. As such, we are held to a higher standard.

My intention in organizing the shoot was to let you come and shoot some expensive and exotic guns and have a good time, and not to get you involved in a potentially sticky situation.

Perhaps I'm being overly cautious, but I hope you'll understand that I'm doing so with you in mind.

Therefore, I've decided to cancel the shoot.

If you have already mailed a check to the WCCM for the event, I will return your check to you uncashed.

Because this event has received such wide publicity, I would appreciate it if you would forward this email to everyone you know, and also post it on every internet gun-related site you're aware of. Some people had planned on driving great distances, and I want to make sure they're aware of the cancellation.

I'm sure that this is a disappointment for many of you, and I sincerely apologize. I hope you'll understand and appreciate my intentions and my concerns.

Thanks,
Dick Baker
Treasurer, WCCA, WCCM
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Disappointing, but understandable.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:49:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Good thing the guy who started this thread had the courtesy to drop in and tell us it was cancelled. I would still have the shoot. I ain't afraid of Milwaukee Liberals, they taste like chicken.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:01:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Good thing the guy who started this thread had the courtesy to drop in and tell us it was cancelled. I would still have the shoot. I ain't afraid of Milwaukee Liberals, they taste like chicken.

I seen avalon1 posted so i did not repost
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Man that would have been a dream for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top