Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 12:58:41 PM EDT
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/chi-0602160271feb16,1,5281881.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

WHat a fucking shame. One of their own. And why?.....because his guns were not registered.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/chi-0602160271feb16,1,5281881.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

WHat a fucking shame. One of their own. And why?.....because his guns were not registered.

Made it hot.

Damn, you have to be a member to view it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Dupe. This is on the General board. ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=437764
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dupe. This is on the General board. ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=437764

Does anyone still hang out on the general board? I know I don't.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Also recovered were six inert grenades, a military knife with a swastika on the handle and the phrase "Blut und Ehre"--German for "blood and honor"--on the blade and a standard army-issue AR-15 rifle. Police allege the man was trying to convert the semi-automatic machine gun to fully automatic, a violation of federal law.

"You don't hunt with this," Glombicki said of the rifle. "This is strictly a military weapon."

Police also found a pistol designed to fire shotgun shells--also illegal under federal law.

"It's a very dangerous, ferocious weapon," Glombicki said. From about 6 feet away, "it could cut you in half."

1.  When did the Army start issuing AR-15's?

2.  Ever hear of varmit hunting?

3.  How does the "pistol designed to fire shotgun shells" make it any more dangerous and capable of "cut[ing] you in half" than any run-of-the-mill 12-gauge which is basically what most gun-owning Chicago households have for protection anyway.

4.  Are you going to arrest all the WWII vets that have Nazi Hitler Youth Knives in their footlockers too?

What a smear campaign and the continuing saga of gun vilification.  Unfortunately the uninformed public just eats this stuff up and it pervades their consciousness until they believe the lie without even knowing it.  Utterly disgusting.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
DAMN!!!!!!.....................thay found my other stash  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah,

The TV news stations mentioned that the home was "close to a school" to add to the hysterics.

If this guy was selling guns to gangbangers, good riddance, but if he's otherwise clean, it's pretty shitty (assuming the sawed-off shotgun is also a fabrication).

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:31:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Also recovered were six inert grenades, a military knife with a swastika on the handle and the phrase "Blut und Ehre"--German for "blood and honor"--on the blade and a standard army-issue AR-15 rifle. Police allege the man was trying to convert the semi-automatic machine gun to fully automatic, a violation of federal law.

"You don't hunt with this," Glombicki said of the rifle. "This is strictly a military weapon."

Police also found a pistol designed to fire shotgun shells--also illegal under federal law.

"It's a very dangerous, ferocious weapon," Glombicki said. From about 6 feet away, "it could cut you in half."

1.  When did the Army start issuing AR-15's?

2.  Ever hear of varmit hunting?

3.  How does the "pistol designed to fire shotgun shells" make it any more dangerous and capable of "cut[ing] you in half" than any run-of-the-mill 12-gauge which is basically what most gun-owning Chicago households have for protection anyway.

4.  Are you going to arrest all the WWII vets that have Nazi Hitler Youth Knives in their footlockers too?

What a smear campaign and the continuing saga of gun vilification.  Unfortunately the uninformed public just eats this stuff up and it pervades their consciousness until they believe the lie without even knowing it.  Utterly disgusting.

Trying to convert a semi auto machine gun to a fully auto machine gun? I fucking hate the Tribune. Communist propaganda. Chicago Residents deserve everything they get. When something like Katrina happens in that shit hole Liberal homosexual wateland, I will sit tight, locked and loaded in redneck land IL pointing and laughing as the Liberal hoardes are consumed by the wrath of God.

We should start our media campaign against the lies and smear tactics that emerge from Chicago media outlets and I mean really do it.

Forget about the bullshit the ISRA preaches about being nice to these people. We need to start shoving back and shoving hard. I have had it with Chicago style Communism.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Here,here! So how are we going to shove back?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
See my post in the gen discussion forum on this.  I sent the guy an email that wrote the article, and he replied.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:40:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/chi-0602160271feb16,1,5281881.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

Are you trying to say this guy was a cop? I saw nothing in the article suggesting that. Might want to change your title.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#11]
He was indeed a retired Chicago Police Officer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:19:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Must have missed that in the article. Even when I re-read it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:48:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Original from web site:

Cache of guns seized on Southwest Side

By Andrew L. Wang
Tribune staff reporter
Published February 16, 2006
Guns. Lots of them.

Big ones and small ones. Pump shotguns and six-shot revolvers. World War I-era single-action shooters and brand-new sniper rifles with the factory tags still on them.

In all, Chicago police seized more than 300 firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition Wednesday from a Southwest Side home across an alley from an elementary school.

"To the best of my recollection, this is the largest gun seizure ever in Chicago," said Lt. Stephen Glombicki, who heads the Calumet Area gun unit.

Police arrested a 63-year-old man at his house in the 3700 block of West 62nd Place after monitoring the house for four days.

The man has not yet been charged. Glombicki said he was being held on suspicion that he was selling weapons out of his house without a license. He could also be charged with not registering any of the firearms.

He said officers received a tip last week that the man was selling weapons from his house. They monitored the man's home and saw several people come and go from the residence over a period of four days.

On Wednesday at about 10:30 a.m., they moved in and arrested the man, said Glombicki. He remains in police custody.

Eric Ellis of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said police and ATF agents are still investigating where the man got the guns and what he planned to do with them. They will also perform ballistics tests to determine if any of the weapons have been used in a crime.

Hope this clears things up!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#14]
http://crimefilenews.blogspot.com/2006/02/i-suspect-we-have-yet-anot_114015054459930888.html

Read this!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
crimefilenews.blogspot.com/2006/02/i-suspect-we-have-yet-anot_114015054459930888.html

Made it a hotlink.

That's how Whang SHOULD have reported it in the Tribune, the truth.

Dave W.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Read the follow up!            http://crimefilenews.blogspot.com/2006/02/chicago-police-department-reminds-me.html
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Made Hot:

FOLLOWUP
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:25:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Still have yet to see ONE reference to this guy being current or former CPD.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:03:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Still have yet to see ONE reference to this guy being current or former CPD.

I agree,  with ya.   Take care ,   .    Sucks to jump to conclusions , believe me I know.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#21]
He is retired CPD. I  know!!! Trust me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:33:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I dont want to be a dick, but how do you know?
If we can clear this up I think it would help!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok that was not cool...
If your feeling are hurt or something you can IM me...

I said I dont want to be a dick because it seems that this topic is hitting a wall!
All I want to know is what you base your statement on... ?

I am not calling you out!
So dont get all bent out of shape
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok that was not cool...
If your feeling are hurt or something you can IM me...

I said I dont want to be a dick because it seems that this topic is hitting a wall!
All I want to know is what you base your statement on... ?

I am not calling you out!
So dont get all bent out of shape

Call me Doubting Thomas, too. From what I know of Chicago newspapers, etc., they'd be plastering that fact ALL OVER the paper. Unless you personally know the guy, which I doubt because you'd have mentioned it already, please tell us what leads you to believe he was a police officer.

However since the whole case just fell out from under them, I doubt it'll get much, if any, more press. He's going to end up getting every firearm handed back to him and then when he sues, he'll get even more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top