Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 7:13:08 AM EDT
I just moved out of the city to the burbs.I happen to look a a link  on ar 15 checking sex offenders.Guess what i moved next door to one.He is on will counties website pic ,address,stats.How should i deal with this? He is a young guy 20. I don`t have kids but i am still pissed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:21:14 AM EDT
[#1]
There is nothing you CAN do to him.

First - make sure it is him! The websites can be out of date.

Second - let the neighborhood know about him. Post flyers at everyones door.

Third - if he so much as farts wrong, call the cops. I'm sure they will look for anything to bust him with.

He might be a child molester, but it's not worth getting arrested just to harrass the guy.

Av.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#2]
what offence?

is he listed as a predator?

it very well could be that he had sex with a girl that was just under legal

age considering his age...

seen it happen
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The state police website will say if he is a convicted child molester and his crimes were committed on someone under 14 I believe.  Its possible he got busted at 18 doing his 16 year old gf or something.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#4]
If thats the case he got fucked twice!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
... if he so much as farts wrong, call the cops. I'm sure they will look for anything to bust him with.

Av.

that's funny...    That would be a kick ass world though.    Have any examples of when that has happened??   I think if you had a Sergant as a relative, maybe

It's easy to come off as the bad guy if you don't play your cards right...   Heard about the dad that punched the teacher??   Anything short of videotape evidence is nothing really, sad to say (my neighbors and I all have several cameras on our properties, criminals hate it)

Then again, I think a sex offender should be lynched, but that would never happen

Have to be 100% legal, or else anything you would do to intimidate him would be used against you... so what advise specifically did you want from internet forum???

I have had shady neighbors move immediately around me in the past, have all good neighbors now.  But in my case, they moved next to me, and I wouldn't put up w/drug sales, sex offenders, gang bangers, etc.     But most 'men' are of the 'close the window/look away' sort of mindset....

That's why IL is the way it is today.   Good luck, but yeah, I've done some funny, funny legal shit....

I've always let em know I watch "Taxi Driver" way, way too much
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The state police website will say if he is a convicted child molester and his crimes were committed on someone under 14 I believe.  Its possible he got busted at 18 doing his 16 year old gf or something.

that happened to my brother...

took it 7 years to get it expunged
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Could have been statutory.

Don't jump to conclusions.

Just don't bend over infront of him.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#8]
i knew a guy that flunked a couple of times and was dating a girl in his grade.  he was 18, and she wasn't quite yet 16.  i don't know how he got out of it, but he did.  it took a LOT of ass kissing.  the dumbass thing is that they were parking at Sangchris State Park.  i could've showed him a THOUSAND good parking spots.  i frequented them.  i only got caught twice .  and both of them were at "new" spots.  but that story's for another day.

jake
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#9]
shoot him say he tripped in the bathroom
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:43:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Talk to your local cops, I did!
I found out that my area is crawling with the scum bags...!
They told me they keep tabs on them and that if they sneeze they get busted!
I am happy to know that they are pro active about the community’s concerns!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#11]
www12.familywatchdog.us/

Punch in your home address and see how many perverts live near you.

Av.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#12]
We have freaks that live in town, . I live in BFE, near a town.  Scum Bags live everywhere.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
www12.familywatchdog.us/

Punch in your home address and see how many perverts live near you.

Av.

Wow that was an eye opener!
I have scum bags everywere around me!!!

Thanks for the great link Avalon01!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Avalon,

Why are U on the list???????????????????

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#15]
yeah i type in edinburg illinois and it says i've got five close to me.  of the five-five live in or right around kincaid illinois.  it's just a few miles from here.  and i know one guy-i had NO idea he was a sex offender.  i had no clue jim was a pederass.  you never know these days......

jake
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Avalon,

I seem to have lost my puppy. Can you help me?

Av.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Avalon,

I seem to have lost my puppy. Can you help me?

Av.

Oh that is a good thing...I have heard Rebel13 likes it "puppy style"  ....
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Golly.
Let's see a few choice examples of what sex offenders and preadators are within bicycling distance of me....

And these two in particular...

...if I ever saw those soulless motherfuckers prowling around my neighborhood, I would seriously consider opening fire without asking any questions.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:33:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Not everyone that is on that list is a child molester.

Sex offender registries are a bunch of crap IMO.

I heard something on the radio this week about a guy in Michigan that got caught having sex with a sheep that is going to end up on their register.  He appealed it but to no avail, after his two years in pound-me-in-the-ass prison he has to register.  So much for identifying who is truely a threat....who cares what he does to SHEEP?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I heard something on the radio this week about a guy in Michigan that got caught having sex with a sheep that is going to end up on their register.  He appealed it but to no avail, after his two years in pound-me-in-the-ass prison he has to register.  So much for identifying who is truely a threat....who cares what he does to SHEEP?

i heard that they're trying to work over the missouri registry because of the fact that urinating in public puts you one the registry.  i dunno about you, but i've pissed at night behind my garage when drinking and too lazy to go inside.  i live in town-so guess what-might be worth a ticket or a fine, but registering as a sex offender???  c'mon-don't read into that shit too damned hard.

jake
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#21]
But also, you have to take into account, the amount of repeat offenders and guys that don't get caught until years later.

If someone has one conviction, do you think it is likely they only have one offense???

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
But also, you have to take into account, the amount of repeat offenders and guys that don't get caught until years later.

If someone has one conviction, do you think it is likely they only have one offense???

I think it's about time we do one of two things:

1. Allow people to become PRODUCTIVE members of society w, hen they get out of prison by returning their rights to them after they serve their time

2. If they're such a threat to society, leave them in prison until they're no longer a threat or no longer breathing, whichever is first.

Of course the politicians will never have to worry about "Felon's rights" because they don't have any, and they can't vote, so politicians will never worry about their losses of liberty.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks Avalon01 for the link!

There are two in the area closest to me (Palos Hills FWIW) and there are 8 total when you include Palos Hills and the closest neighboring town(Hickory Hills.)

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#24]
By my address:

I'm just waiting for somebody to pull a "Hey, isn't that ________ (insert ARFCOM member name) ?"
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#25]
near me:

4 that live in my town.

Here's a question(rant mode engaged) Why the hell are these sex offenders not in jail?  Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Does the state feel that they can be "rehabillitated?"  

Sex offenders are the most heinous criminals in my opinion and you should lock them up in the jails and throw away the key.  (Rant mode disengaged. )
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:51:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Your anecdote aside, I disagree with your premise.
Indeed, they aren't all "child molesters". Some are rapists and sexual predators too and I for one am damn glad to be able to know exactly who these people are and right where they live.
Given the recidivism rate of sexual offenses, these people are ticking time bombs that our judicial system doesn't have the proper mechanisms to deal with.

I totally agree that heterosexual statutory offenses involving post-pubescent girls (or boys for that matter- if my son was banging Deborah LeFave, I would buy him a new bike) are an entirely different ball of wax than rape or child molesting. With that said, I think it's better to fine tune our own thinking regarding consensual acts of human sexuality rather than scrap an informative system that addresses the most heinous amongst us.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:12:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Oh yeah.
Here's a doozie.

The drummer for the original Lynyrd Skynyrd (Artimus Pyle) used to live a block away from us back in Florida. So about 3 or 4 years ago I did a FDLE Sexual Offender search by neighborhood and guess who is a Sex Offender with a girl under the age of 12....

www3.fdle.state.fl.us/sexual_predators/OffenderFlyer.asp?keys=4284

I guess he moved to North Carolina.

"What's your name, little girl....."
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:31:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Oh yeah.
Here's a doozie.

The drummer for the original Lynyrd Skynyrd (Artimus Pyle) used to live a block away from us back in Florida. So about 3 or 4 years ago I did a FDLE Sexual Offender search by neighborhood and guess who is a Sex Offender with a girl under the age of 12....

www3.fdle.state.fl.us/sexual_predators/OffenderFlyer.asp?keys=4284

I guess he moved to North Carolina.

"What's your name, little girl....."

Man, that sucks I have always been a huge Skynyrd fan. I think child molestors should get the needle, pure and simple.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I think child molestors should get the needle, pure and simple.

I agree.  If they're such a threat, we can't let them out on the street again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top