Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 7:53:33 PM EDT
ive read this thing a dozen times and i keep seeing 3 numbers5/10/and 17 which is it???..

or am i missing something?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
0. Put your hands up, pull your pants down, spread your cheeks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have the items, and the bill passes, it doesn't matter as you are grandfather in.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you have the items, and the bill passes, it doesn't matter as you are grandfather in.

As the bill stands now, there is NO grandfather clause.  Amendment 5 would have put one in, but it was defeated.  There is a grandfather clause in amendment 7, but it hasn't been voted on yet.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#4]
How much longer until we find out what is going to happen to this POS legislation...don't they usually have a pending date or something like that, or will it be held up until the primaries (March 3rd or so, I believe) as a political issue?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How much longer until we find out what is going to happen to this POS legislation...don't they usually have a pending date or something like that, or will it be held up until the primaries (March 3rd or so, I believe) as a political issue?

Final action deadline has been moved to March 3rd.  

They could probably just extend it again if nothing's done by then, though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#6]
i want to know how much it is for what ever i buy after..

say an m1 grand?is that ok??

or a keltec su16... sks...are these still legal?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i want to know how much it is for what ever i buy after..

say an m1 grand?is that ok??

or a keltec su16... sks...are these still legal?

The bill hasn't passed yet, we don't know if it will or not at all, so don't make too many plans yet.

Here's a link to the text of the bill, and all the amendments, it should answer any questions.

HB2414

Amendments 1 and 2 are the opnly that have passed, 5 failed, 6 was withdrawn, and 7 hasn't been voted on yet.

That should get you up to speed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#8]
back to my orginal post i have read it i just cant figure it out

i see 3 diffrent numbers...5/10/and 17???????

thats where iam confused
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#9]
5 is the max for shotguns.

D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has any of the following:
(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds

There is also a clause to exclude M1 Garands, by saying holding over 5 rounds in a non-detachable magazine is ok.

"Semiautomatic assault weapon" does not include:
B) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a
detachable magazine that holds more than 5 rounds of
ammunition

The ten rounds is maximum for all weapons.  LOL it looks like a stripper clip that could hold 11 or more rounds would be illegal!!! fucking douchebags!!

"Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means:
(1) a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily
restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition; or

17 rounds or more is worse crime:

holding more than 17 rounds of ammunition commits a Class 3 felony

holding more than 10 rounds but not more than 17 rounds of ammunition
commits a Class 4 felony
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#10]
ya that last part is where i got messed up...

if this crap passes i guess a grand aint so bad
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As the bill stands now, there is NO grandfather clause.  Amendment 5 would have put one in, but it was defeated.  There is a grandfather clause in amendment 7, but it hasn't been voted on yet.

...you don't actually believe that an admendment will come out of committee "without" a grandfather  and have any chance of passing in the house or senate........do you?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Some of you guys are missing the point. The Grandfather clause is 101% pure unadulteratd B.S.! It's like saying "Ok, you can f--k me up the a-- as long as you have a small d--k" or "You can keep the guns you have but you can't have any more." Adding a Grandfather clause is only done to make a bitter pill easier to swallow for Representatives who are on the fence, in regards to voting on the bill.

Every little bit that they chip away at our rights gets them one step closer to completely disarming us. If you're willing to compromise your rights then you deserve whatever ill fate befalls you.

Please forgive me if I come off as harsh because that is not my intention. My intention is to hopefully illuminate those who do not see the big picture and have been conditioned to think that it's acceptable to let you rights be diluted.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...you don't actually believe that an admendment will come out of committee "without" a grandfather  and have any chance of passing in the house or senate........do you?

I believe that the last amendment that had a grandfather clause FAILED when voted on.

I can't tell the future, can you?

I try not to assume anything, I have very little faith in many of the people in the general assembly.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Some of you guys are missing the point. The Grandfather clause is 101% pure unadulteratd B.S.! It's like saying "Ok, you can f--k me up the a-- as long as you have a small d--k" or "You can keep the guns you have but you can't have any more." Adding a Grandfather clause is only done to make a bitter pill easier to swallow for Representatives who are on the fence, in regards to voting on the bill.

Every little bit that they chip away at our rights gets them one step closer to completely disarming us. If you're willing to compromise your rights then you deserve whatever ill fate befalls you.

Please forgive me if I come off as harsh because that is not my intention. My intention is to hopefully illuminate those who do not see the big picture and have been conditioned to think that it's acceptable to let you rights be diluted.

And I'd just like to add that one of the things that make me almost as mad as watching the assembly debate firearms laws, is coming here and seeing people post their plans for what to have after the ban passes, and plan on what to get now so it's grandfathered in.

IT HASN'T PASSED YET!!!!  UNTIL IT DOES, NOTHING CHANGES!!

Instead of worrying about what it will be like if it passes, work on keeping it from getting that far.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#15]
We are not doomed .   Read the above again.    
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
IT HASN'T PASSED YET!!!!  UNTIL IT DOES, NOTHING CHANGES!!

Instead of worrying about what it will be like if it passes, work on keeping it from getting that far.

+1000
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#17]
They try this same shit every F'in year. Just got to fight it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top