Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:06:45 AM EDT

I would urge you to respond to this e-mail. Thanks in advance.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: February 9, 2006 3:45:33 PM CST
   To: [email protected]
   Subject: Call Today: Get Deadly Assault Weapons off Our Streets!
   Reply-To: StopTheNRA <[email protected]>

Call Your State Representative Today: Urge Them to Cosponsor HB 2414!

Get AK-47s, Uzis and Other Military-Style Assault Weapons Off Our Streets!

Dear Illinois StoptheNRA Member,

Believe it or not, military-style assault weapons are once again legal to buy and sell in Illinois.  Last month, Governor Blagojevich and Chicago Mayor Richard Daley joined forces and called for a ban on these killing machines.  HB 2414, a bill to ban these deadly weapons, was introduced and it will be coming up for a vote soon.  Please let your state representative know that you support the Governor’s agenda to ban assault weapons in Illinois!

PLEASE CALL YOUR STATE REPRESENTATIVE TODAY!
   Urge them to: "Cosponsor HB 2414. Ban Assault Weapons in Illinois!"

President Bush and the United States Congress allowed the federal Assault Weapons Ban to expire in 2004.  Since the expiration of the Ban, these killing machines have been readily available to criminals.  According to the Chicago Tribune, since the expiration of the federal Assault Weapons ban, police have seized more than 500 assault weapons in Chicago.

These deadly "weapons of war" have no legitimate purpose for hunting or self-defense, yet they are once again being bought and sold in Illinois.  Governor Blagojevich called for this ban and he is ready to take on the NRA.  Please urge your state representative to stand with the Governor and cosponsor HB 2414.

Here is what you can do today:

1. Call Your Illinois State Representative Today: Click to lookup their numbers.

2. Urge them to "Cosponsor HB 2414. Ban Assault Weapons in Illinois!"
       3. Forward this e-mail to friends, family, and colleagues in Illinois.

4. Click here to contribute to our efforts in Illinois and across the country.For more information on this legislation and how to get involved in the gun violence prevention movement in Illinois, please contact the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and the Illinois Million Mom March Chapters.

Thank you for standing with us and keeping our communities safe!

Sincerely,
   Your Friends at StoptheNRA.com

Click here to donate to our work to Stop the NRA.

If this e-mail was forwarded to you,
   click here to sign up for your own StoptheNRA alerts.

Powered by Convio

Click here to update your e-mail preferences or
   unsubscribe from future e-mails.
Wait until they see my reply......

efxguy
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#1]
This was my response to them:

Seig Heil

I must agree with you we must not have our citizens armed!  It is impossible to keep the citizens under control when they armed.  Your next step should be to stop the freedom of speech! And then eliminate the Bill of Rights!  
WE MUST CONTROL OUR CITIZENS!

Where in the hell are these groups coming from.  They obviously do not know anything about history!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This was my response to them:

Seig Heil

I must agree with you we must not have our citizens armed!  It is impossible to keep the citizens under control when they armed.  Your next step should be to stop the freedom of speech! And then eliminate the Bill of Rights!  
WE MUST CONTROL OUR CITIZENS!

Where in the hell are these groups coming from.  They obviously do not know anything about history!

Don't forget the Book Burning parties.

4X4SC
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The thought occurs to me that it would be a good idea to have a couple friendly "watchdogs" who pay dedicated attention these gun grabber organziations so the word can be spread back and we can be prepared for whatever is the next assault, and/or learn from their thinking processes as to how to best defeat them.  (I think its a foregone conclusion that  they've got their own spies infiltrated in all the RKBA websites  -- probably one or two at our very own ARFCOM too).

I was looking for a link on where to sign up for newsletter/email updates for this "stoptheNRA" organization, but I do not see any.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Since the expiration of the Ban, these killing machines have been readily available to criminals.

Hmmm. And here I thought that was what the FOID card was supposed to prevent. It must not be working...

Logical conclusion: Let's make it even MORE illegal by banning MORE guns. That will SURELY scare the bad guys.

Jesus.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#5]
This bill has a ton of co-sponsors. Its fairly easy to get someone on as a co-sponsor. What will be hard for the anti's is to be able to match the flood of calls from the pro-gun people. In the past when contacting Reps I ask how the calls are going. One secratary told me that they recieved over 200 calls against an anti-gun bill and did not recieve very many for the bill.

So we just have to keep the pressure on our legislators.

Support Concealed Carry for Illinois IllinoisCarry.com  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top