Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 3:06:15 AM EDT
npd233 attends the Shot Show. (and loving every minute of it)

Gets to meet some very cool people including Les Baer himself (along with most of his manufacturing guys). A couple dudes from LMT, and a couple very pretty ladies with DSA.

I haven't made it to RRA's or Armalite's booth yet.

Inside scoop: Met with one of the civilian engineers working for the US Army: they've just put out a specification request for a carbine to replace the current M4. They're looking for 200,000 pieces. Also they're just about to put a request out for a pistol to replace the M9. Minimum requirements are .45 ACP caliber, under barrel Picatinny rail and 12 round mag capacity.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:41:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
npd233 attends the Shot Show. (and loving every minute of it)

Gets to meet some very cool people including Les Baer himself (along with most of his manufacturing guys). A couple dudes from LMT, and a couple very pretty ladies with DSA.

I haven't made it to RRA's or Armalite's booth yet.

Inside scoop: Met with one of the civilian engineers working for the US Army: they've just put out a specification request for a carbine to replace the current M4. They're looking for 200,000 pieces. Also they're just about to put a request out for a pistol to replace the M9. Minimum requirements are .45 ACP caliber, under barrel Picatinny rail and 12 round mag capacity.

I love DSA models. Wish I were there. Have fun my brother.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:26:46 AM EDT
[#2]
PICTURES PLEASE!!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:52:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
PICTURES PLEASE!!!

And we do not mean the guns!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:33:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Enjoy npd!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a 7 page thread on the JOINT COMBAT PISTOL.  looks like HK or Ruger are the front runners.  I'm hoping for HK despite their crappy attitude towards civilians.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Steyr AUG news?

Please?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard  the latest news.

Daley and that blowjobitch left a big puddle of white and yellow on the floor

Can you back that up, or is it only  Rumor?

Enjoy and have fun.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#8]
You Dawg have fun
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Goddamn one weekend a month BS !!! Its lies I tell you Lies! Well have a good time, I am insane with jealousy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Steyr - I haven't yet made it to their booth. It's on my list for Saturday. From what I heard, they're to begin manufacturing the AUG in Mississippi so they'll be availble for sale here soon. I will see if I can confirm that when I see them.

Colt LE1020 (piston driven, one piece monolithic upper/forearm) is due out sometime in summer or end of year. Price point yet to be determined but they are shooting for about 200 more than regular LE6920. One of their engineers says it will be cheaper buying this than buying a regular rifle and outfitting it with an aftermarket rail system & piston.

Pics.... Sorry, can't. Don't have a media pass and only media can take pics. The Avila's have a camera and are posting pics in the Shot Show thread here.

Haven't seen Daley and Blago. Although I didn't look in the corner of the closet to see if they're hiding there because of all the bad guns.

I got invited to attend a training seminar put on by Ka-bar knives tomorrow. Supposed to be about using their new knife (TDI ) to defeat a weapon grab attempt.

Rock River Arms:
9mm AR pistol.
.458 Socom AR
.308 LAR-10
40 S&W AR pistol.
9mm 1911

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:40:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Steyr - I haven't yet made it to their booth. It's on my list for Saturday. From what I heard, they're to begin manufacturing the AUG in Mississippi so they'll be availble for sale here soon. I will see if I can confirm that when I see them.

Colt LE1020 (piston driven, one piece monolithic upper/forearm) is due out sometime in summer or end of year. Price point yet to be determined but they are shooting for about 200 more than regular LE6920. One of their engineers says it will be cheaper buying this than buying a regular rifle and outfitting it with an aftermarket rail system & piston.

Pics.... Sorry, can't. Don't have a media pass and only media can take pics. The Avila's have a camera and are posting pics in the Shot Show thread here.

Haven't seen Daley and Blago. Although I didn't look in the corner of the closet to see if they're hiding there because of all the bad guns.

I got invited to attend a training seminar put on by Ka-bar knives tomorrow. Supposed to be about using their new knife (TDI ) to defeat a weapon grab attempt.

Rock River Arms:
9mm AR pistol.
.458 Socom AR
.308 LAR-10
40 S&W AR pistol.
9mm 1911

How's about asking Springfield Armory when they will be selling a 45acp XD in a 5 inch tactical model????
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How's about asking Springfield Armory when they will be selling a 45acp XD in a 5 inch tactical model????

It was on display. I'll ask them today if it's on the market yet.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Impressions of the SCAR-L and about when it will be available?

Thanks,

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:12:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Springfield XD45ACP 5" barrel is already shipping to dealers from Springfield.

Quoted:

Thanks,

WIZZO

Personally I don't care for the SCAR. Everyone else seems to love it. YMMV. Maybe it's just me, but why fuck with something that already works well. a/k/a the M4/M16/AR15 rifle. They are just dandy for shooting 5.56mm or .223 ammo, why change it?

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:12:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rock River Arms:
9mm AR pistol.
.458 Socom AR
.308 LAR-10
40 S&W AR pistol.
9mm 1911

I've wondered that same thing. Being the Glock 21 addict that I am, I don't know if i'd get an XD in .45..........................Aw hell, who am I crapping, it's a gun I'd buy one....or two
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Springfield XD45ACP 5" barrel is already shipping to dealers from Springfield.

Quoted:

Thanks,

WIZZO

Personally I don't care for the SCAR. Everyone else seems to love it. YMMV. Maybe it's just me, but why fuck with something that already works well. a/k/a the M4/M16/AR15 rifle. They are just dandy for shooting 5.56mm or .223 ammo, why change it?

There aren't many new 7.62x51 rifle designs around, that's one of the interests.

As for the 5.56 version, well it looks interesting and has a lot of nice features (and doesn't include some of the "quirks") of the AR platform.  If it's somewhere close to the price of a good AR things will get really interesting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top