Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 5:14:37 AM EDT
MAYOR daley has implemented a new registration card system with the Chicago Police  department......I have seen these cards & all I can say is WOW-GESTAPO!!! Unbelievable.  I feel really really sad for  all our fellow gunowners who have to live in the city of CROOKCAGO.....this guy is not right in the head. The gun Registration card asks alot of small, almost unheard of questions regarding the gun to be registered- shot capacity, weight loaded , unloaded , does the gun have a pistol grip stock protruding , does it have a shroud on the barrel, can the gun still be held  by the barrel after being fired multiple times, is it  a miliatary caliber..on & on & on..... SCARY........
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow I guess they will be collecting a nice database. Its a shame people trying to be legal are being forced into a near anal probe.  Does anyone have a link to this form?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:26:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you have links for more info?

Support Concealed Carry for Illinois IllinoisCarry.com
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:28:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Given that you had to pick up the prior form (printed on cardstock) from CPD HQ on South Michigan Ave., I highly doubt they are advanced enough to have this new one on the internet or in PDF format.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
MAYOR daley has implemented a new registration card system with the Chicago Police  department......I have seen these cards & all I can say is WOW-GESTAPO!!! Unbelievable.  I feel really really sad for  all our fellow gunowners who have to live in the city of CROOKCAGO.....this guy is not right in the head. The gun Registration card asks alot of small, almost unheard of questions regarding the gun to be registered- shot capacity, weight loaded , unloaded , does the gun have a pistol grip stock protruding , does it have a shroud on the barrel, can the gun still be held  by the barrel after being fired multiple times, is it  a miliatary caliber..on & on & on..... SCARY........

Get a hold of one and post a pic...or scan it in.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Will Daley give up his 24/7 armed Police protection?Remember crime has dropped in the city.   Crime on the rise in the suburbs. I wonder why ? Projects being torn down. Property and rent going sky high in the city. Rent less out side of the city. Daley just pushed it out . So now its your problem not his.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:53:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wow I guess they will be collecting a nice database. Its a shame people trying to be legal are being forced into a near anal probe.  Does anyone have a link to this form?

They have already been collecting a database. I found out recently that CAGE unit pulled my 4473's, possibly all of them, and yet they never bothered to visit me personally. And I am well out side of their jursidiction. If this happened to you guys, would you sell everything and start over, just to have your guns not in their database?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I found out recently that CAGE unit pulled my 4473's, possibly all of them . . .

How did you learn that?  Is their a way of checking who has accessed them?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I found out recently that CAGE unit pulled my 4473's, possibly all of them . . .

+1
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have already been collecting a database. I found out recently that CAGE unit pulled my 4473's, possibly all of them, and yet they never bothered to visit me personally. And I am well out side of their jursidiction. If this happened to you guys, would you sell everything and start over, just to have your guns not in their database?

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS!???
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Asking a question here.   Is it Legally possable that a person with a issue with CAGE.  

Just for an example ,  let's  Say....... "Bob"  own's  a Colt AR 15 legaly , He later  Move's into the Chicago city limits , Yet store's example rifle with a relative in  (insert county in southern Illinois here)  Lets even say the relative, where it's stored at. Is an LEO in good standing and Firearm in a Locked safe there.

Let's add "Bob" is the only person with the combination.

Would this be a CAGE Issue or not?

Heck  lets say he  hired a gun shop to store his firearms away from Chicago  
I've heard of this in Europe. England, Shooting clubs?

I know there's a lot of what ifs here but if Chicago is getting that silly , Why can't we ?

This is Just an Example..............
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I'm betting A CAGE reply would be  Ahem  checking out info due to Errrr  Ahhhhh Homeland Security Issues......   yea   yea    That's the Story!   We're checking for security!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really, you cannot just throw that out there - how do you know?

On second thought I am calling  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Uh, before you call BS so fast can at least give me a chance to answer???

An employee at one of the shops I am a regular at called me asking if I had any idea why they would pull my 4473's.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#14]
"Who" pulled them? What agency  pulled tin?

How would anyone know from what shop you purchased your guns?

What shop?

Details man!

This just does not smell right. (Illegal database?)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"Who" pulled them? Who pulled tin?

How would anyone know from what shop you purchased your guns?

Did "they" go to every gunshop in the state of Illinois?

Details man!

I will say what I know. The person at the gunshop told me it was the CAGE unit and I take his word for it. He is not the type to BS about such things. He had a theory that a gun that I sold in a private transaction was used in a crime and since I would tied to the last time it was called in they looked me up. I don't think that was the case because I never got a personal visit where they asked if a gun was mine or did I sell it. The only gun I have sold in a private transaction that I think had a chance of being used in a crime (and then only if resold or stolen) was not purchased from the store whose employee called me. If they (CAGE unit) visited that store, and not me, I can only assume they are using the info for database purposes.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Also sorry to the original poster for inadvertantly hijacking your thread.

As to how the CAGE unit works, I have no idea, but from what I have heard, they are tight with the ISP and have fast access to the database where every time a 4473 is called in they log FOID#, type of gun (longgun or handgun), and store purchased at. What does pulling "tin" mean, by the way?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the info, and for putting up with me.

I thought about asking if a gun you had purchased might have turned up in a crime investigation.

Very curious, and frightening.

May I ask time frame that this occured?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#18]
"Pull tin" - show badge.

So, ISP is creating a database of all guns sold?

I thought there were restrictions on such activity.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
As to how the CAGE unit works, I have no idea, but from what I have heard, they are tight with the ISP and have fast access to the database where every time a 4473 is called in they log FOID#, type of gun (longgun or handgun), and store purchased at. What does pulling "tin" mean, by the way?

Well, I wonder what criteria they use to capture the 4473's from the ISP.  I mean I would doubt the CPD is logging all purchases made statewide.  

It would have to be from the Chicago area, but not necessarily limited to gun shops in Chicago or Cook County itself, since presumably the CAGE unit would be interested in catching those who are keeping guns in Chicago but buy them in collar counties.

All very interesting....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#20]
One criteria for deciding who to look up that  I heard they use is households with multiple FOID cards, which may be a factor in looking me up.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I think you are correct.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:34:36 AM EDT
[#22]
"Is it a military caliber"?????

Jeeziss H. Kee-rist !

Even a .22 LR is a military caliber. It is used for training and for "black ops" to shoot enemies in the back of the head with silenced pistols! Has been since WWII.

What ISN'T a military caliber?

Even a 12 guage shotgun is a "military caliber"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Meanwhile....we have our Nth jail break from crook county jails...this time, six crooks....

please don't worry as I am absolutley sure these jail breakers are law abiding and will imediatly register their weapons with King Delay.  And remember, check those video cameras in your stores so that the king will have a nice recording of you when you are shot... ps. sorry for the hijack.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What does pulling "tin" mean, by the way?

TIN can also mean "taxpayer identification number" (SSN).  SSN is on 4473's now (not required) but if available would help them correlate their dossiers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top