Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 12:05:43 PM EDT
Hey guys, I know I didn't join in on the topics too much while I lived in Illinois but I've been getting into this ar.15 thing recently. I just moved from the Chicago burbs to Texas in November. (Lived in chicago 25 years)The gun grabbers & high taxes finally chased me out. But holy crap, you can do things down here that I thought was illegal in the whole country. Here's the list:

1. Two Saturdays a go I went to my first machine gun shoot
(Yes,Texans can own machine guns! As well as supressors & short barreled rifles)
SEE THE VIDEO! (I'm the one with the 1st MP5)

2. Conceal Carry!!! Woo Hoo!
3. Loaded gun in car even without conceal carry
4. Loaded Ar15 in car, out of case, without conceal carry
5. Same day gun purchases at a gun stores. walk in, pay, leave with gun.
6. No stupid FOID (they never even heard of such a thing)

And guess what???...Without all the BS gun laws, there aren't a lot of dead boddies and dead kids laying all over the place as the libs up north would have you believe. I may still be a damn Yankee but Texas is my new home for life! Come on down y'all!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Stop rubbin it in...or buy me a plane ticket.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Muuuaahahhahhahhah, did I mention all the species of animals that I can hunt with my AR?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
And guess what???...Without all the BS gun laws, there aren't a lot of dead boddies and dead kids laying all over the place as the libs up north would have you believe.

Wait ... are you trying to tell me that the libs would lie about guns to suit their purposes?  Nooooooo, I can't believe it!

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn that's scarry. I want to know where you can buy a full auto .50 in Illinois? And by the way, could anyone really afford the $8000 semi auto Barrett? How many homies you know have one of there?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
550 rounds a minute?  That's one hell of a sniper rifle!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:18:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
550 rounds a minute?  That's one hell of a sniper rifle!

Or a very slow and useless assault weapon. That literature above disgusts me. Anyone who votes for that human parasite gets the government they deserve. Fucking Oprah guzzling Soccer Moms.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:59:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I was born in this crappy state, but I hope not to die here. The company I work for has a plant in a suburb of Dallas. I can't transfer down there but the owner is supposed to sell the company in two years. I am hopeful that the new owners will want to keep me around and consolidate operations in Texas. Besides the gun laws you have warm weather which I like, except perhaps the extreme heat and humidity of Houston. I travel a lot for work and I was just down in College Station, I could definitely live there. Oh well, enjoy it!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:49:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Het Neighor, I too divorced myself from the Police State of Illinois.

For a few months I was commuting to Chicago weekly for work, why are there so many state police in IL, man they are everywhere, oh, duh, they are a police state of course.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm visiting Houston right now!

The weather is great, the people very nice, and I am amused by the signs about no guns allowed....

efxguy
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool! Houston is cool, I'm in the NW burbs. When I first got here I was laughing about the "No firearms" signs everywhere. Basically is a businesses right to keep people from coming in with concealed weapons. Plus any establishment that makes over 51% of it's cash by selling booze. There are signs in those places that has a big "51%" on them, meaning "Leave your gun in the car". Cool ass state. Did you see the video?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top