Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 4:57:20 PM EDT
Anybody know exactly what date this misguided, illegal, oppressive bill gets voted on? The wait is wearing me down.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#1]
As of today's calendar, "Final Action Deadline Extended to March 3, 2006".  I don't think that necessarily means that is the date of the vote.

ilga.gov/house/schedules/Calendars/calendarproof_H094000087.pdf

ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=2414&GAID=8&GA=94&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=17433&SessionID=50#actions
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Roadhawk. I bookmarked the reference. This crap needs to stop. I'm so sick of the gun grabbing in this state I could puke. The politicians in this state think they can buffalo ANYTHING and ANYBODY. I've contacted my rep (who will fortunately vote against) and have all my friends calling. I don't know why we have to go through this every damn year...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]
It's on the schedule every day, it could really happen any of those days I guess.

I usually watch the house video feed for about the first ten minutes every day, after all the crap at the beginning, they just go down the list of bills on the schedule.

After they pass HB2414, I turn it off until the next day.  I'll keep checking, because one day they'll actually debate on it and vote.  

The day I see they're not gonna skip over it, the first thing I'm going to do is post here.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
HRoak, where can I find the house video feed?  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's on the schedule every day, it could really happen any of those days I guess.

I usually watch the house video feed for about the first ten minutes every day, after all the crap at the beginning, they just go down the list of bills on the schedule.

After they pass HB2414, I turn it off until the next day.  I'll keep checking, because one day they'll actually debate on it and vote.  

The day I see they're not gonna skip over it, the first thing I'm going to do is post here.

Thanks HRoark, that is very helpful of you!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I can see a few things happening with this bill. The sponsors of this bill may try to file for another extension, and let it sit out there in hopes for gaining more support for this bill before it is voted on, Or they may vote on it any day without letting anyone like the NRA and ISRA know about it in hopes to keep them out of it. If that is possible.

Either way we need to keep pressing our legislatures to vote against this bill. We need to let them know where we stand NOW! We need to let them know where we stand come election day as well.

4X4SC
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:40:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
HRoak, where can I find the house video feed?  Thanks

link
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]
There have to be 3 readings on separate days before it can be passed. We're only at number 2.

House Rule 38
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
There have to be 3 readings on separate days before it can be passed. We're only at number 2.

House Rule 38

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that.

You'd think after following this stuff for the last two or three years I'd be up on the rules by now
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I can see a few things happening with this bill. The sponsors of this bill may try to file for another extension, and let it sit out there in hopes for gaining more support for this bill before it is voted on, Or they may vote on it any day without letting anyone like the NRA and ISRA know about it in hopes to keep them out of it. If that is possible.

Either way we need to keep pressing our legislatures to vote against this bill. We need to let them know where we stand NOW! We need to let them know where we stand come election day as well.

4X4SC

I think it would be hard pressed for the ISRA or NRA "not" to know when this bill will hit the floor for a vote.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

4X4SC

I think it would be hard pressed for the ISRA or NRA "not" to know when this bill will hit the floor for a vote.

I hope you're right. There's always a first for everything, especially when it comes to blowjobavich.

4X4SC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top