Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/28/2006 5:01:27 PM EDT
Ok, I am going to open up the range for 6 hrs. from 9am - 3pm one day in Feb. for you guys to come and shoot. The owner appreciates everyones business from this forum besides being a super nice lady. Any Sat. in Feb. you guys pick the day. The price will be $10 for anyone. Just post what you would prefer and I will decide from the response. I miss seeing my friends. I am also sure some of you have purchased some new hardware over the winter that you are wanting to shoot! I will post the date next Wed.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not picky with the date, which I know doesn't help you, but I am excited to meet some new people, and shoot my first AR.  I will watch the thread and stay in touch.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Feb. 25th?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
No, Feb. 25th is the deer and turkey classic in Bloomington...

IL Deer and Turkey Classic

Another day?  The 18th?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Lets do the first sat in Feb...the outlook for the weather is mild...Sound good! Thats Next Saturday....
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'v been wanting to go out to buffalo range since I got my AR.  But I got it the end of November and didn't get a chance to go that first weekend in december.  

The 18th would be good for me.  That gives me some time to order some ammo.  And how does the plinking range work?  Do you have to bring stuff to shoot at or is there enough stuff in there already to shoot at?

-Jeremy
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
18th is cool.

I have an Izzy HB FAL I haven't heated up yet :-)

CKMorley
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet!!! The 18th would be great. I won't be able to make it much after that this coming year.

I have a bunch of new projects to test out. Thanks for opening it up Brass!!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#9]
If I could make one it would be the 18th.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:47:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in whatever day.  PS.....I have a 4x4 truck and I'm sure others here do to. I would gladly come out a few hours early and shovel some snow off the bridge over the creek anytime for a winter shoot.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'v been wanting to go out to buffalo range since I got my AR.  But I got it the end of November and didn't get a chance to go that first weekend in december.  

The 18th would be good for me.  That gives me some time to order some ammo.  And how does the plinking range work?  Do you have to bring stuff to shoot at or is there enough stuff in there already to shoot at?

-Jeremy

Jeremy,
There isn't must snow left on the ground here though it is very soft. Feel free to start saving laundry detergent bottles or plastic to bring to throw in the pit. No glass, metal or paint.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:52:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Count us in.....18th is good so is the 4th-11th- and so on and so on....open it and we will come....
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#13]
what ever day you decide ill be there unless i have to work..
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Why on a Saturday?
I thought Sundays were better for most of us?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#15]
"I thought Sundays were better for most of us?"
YES!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#16]
sunday please
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Brass Hog....this sounds great....I'd be interested in going whenever...and this time...I'll be there at 9.....last blast my son and I didn't get there till near 1pm and missed all the fun...though we did stay till around 4 to shoot at the pit....(we did see the AR15 sign but no people..... Will follow the thread for date....Thanks again...I ...like everyone else seem to need a Buffalo fix...Thanks again....and thank the owners too....
Anyone up here in the NW burbs want to car pool let me know....beats driving all by my lonesome, though I may bring one of the boys.....mack
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks brass-hog and to the Buffalo Range owner for offering a little special treatment, and a discounted range fee to boot!  Sweet!

FYI, I don't know if any of were thinking about going to THIS , but the WI "Frozen Nuts" shoot is on the 18th as well.

I should be in like Flynn for whatever Saturday/Sunday you guys decide.  Maybe a poll on this thread would help?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I can make an appearance for a couple hours on the 18th.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I could make it the 18th, but i'd be coming from school, meaning I would not have any weapons nor my FOID (both at home)
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Illigunner, Have your foid mailed to you, you can shoot my stuff if ya want.

Wht the hell would be separated from your card is beyond me.

My wifes expired last year and I asked ...no,,, I really told her " What the fuck" .

18th is cool.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I saw Friz mentioned Sunday, Thats cool too. Just remember the ear and eye protection , his firearms really chuck the brass at far out velocities, and repetition.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Thanks brass-hog and to the Buffalo Range owner for offering a little special treatment, and a discounted range fee to boot!  Sweet!

FYI, I don't know if any of were thinking about going to THIS , but the WI "Frozen Nuts" shoot is on the 18th as well.

I should be in like Flynn for whatever Saturday/Sunday you guys decide.  Maybe a poll on this thread would help?

Then why not have it the first Sat of feb?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#25]
ANY DAY, ANY TIME!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Mack, If you want to, you can drive here to Joliet, and I will drive us to Buffalo.  It might shave some of the "lonely" drive time.  Send me an IM if you want to do this, if not, I'll see you there.

Does a big guy like you get lonely?

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:34:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Man!! And I really want to go shoot, too!!

February isn't the best month for me. I'm working the 3-5th, 17-19th and I'm out of town for the Shot Show the 10-12th. My only free weekend left is the 24-26th, but it looks like everyone's set up for the 18th. I'll have to wait til March, but you guys have fun.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#28]
I just found out that the 19th is no good for me!
My lovely wife was very nice to me and my son this week...
She got us (son/me) two tickets to the Monster Truck Jam!
I have been watching this stuff on the TV with the boy and she noticed...
So she surprised us with tickets for the 19th...
Now if only she could notice my gun catalogs and the big circles around the stuff I want!

P.S. sorry for being slightly off topic... But to get back on topic... We have a few gun shows coming early this month... How does the 26th sound?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#29]
brass-hog, I think we're going to have to have a poll tacked to this thread.  Seems like the only way to pin down the best date for everybody.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Yall should just come join the Wisconsin crew for the Frozen Nuts Shoot on Feb 18th.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#31]
WELL LETS START THE POLL!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
brass-hog, I think we're going to have to have a poll tacked to this thread.  Seems like the only way to pin down the best date for everybody.

I have no clue how to put a poll in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no clue how to put a poll in this thread.

Look at your original post at the top of this thread while you are logged into the website-click Add A Poll.  Its easy but took me a few minutes to figure it out.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:51:37 AM EDT
[#34]
I would love to go, but Saturdays are out for me! (I work)
Sundays are the only days I could make it...
The Kane County Gun Show is the 12th, and I got tix to the Monster truck Jam for the 19th.
If I would vote it would be the 26th!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Cool, thx for adding the poll, brass-hog.  But from the results thus far, it looks like we might have a Bush/Gore repeat, recounts, and hanging chads!

I voted Feb. 11 but I should be fine with either other date.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:12:46 AM EDT
[#36]
What happened to the  1st Sat in FEB???????
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
What happened to the  1st Sat in FEB???????

I thought it would be unrealistic to have it so soon. Besides it's super bowl weekend being gone two days in one weekend for me isn't advised.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Sunday would have worked better for me too, but that's how it goes. Not everybody is going to be able to make it on any given day.
I voted for the 11th because I have a class starting on the 18th that's going to tie me up every Saturday until the middle of May.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#39]

BrassHog...you're a smart man buddy!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#40]
I changed my vote to the 25th.  cuz last year I was making a tub of chili in Monroe Wisc. motel room.

Wife was home with our little girl and her friends little boy, well puking was involved so I had to beat feet home.  *I wanna get , I mean,  DO Both , in trrue ARFCOM  Fashion.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I voted the 11th.

I do practical pistol shooting at Midwest in Lyons on the first (4) and third Saturday(18) of the month. You all are invited to join me anytime, we love having a crowd.

The 25th is no good for me due to being on call. There is an off chance I could get someone to cover for me so this would be my second choice.

I hate missing my Sat pistol shoot due to the joy of multiple targets from behind cover and drawing from a holster.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I voted the 11th.

I do practical pistol shooting at Midwest in Lyons on the first (4) and third Saturday(18) of the month. You all are invited to join me anytime, we love having a crowd.

The 25th is no good for me due to being on call. There is an off chance I could get someone to cover for me so this would be my second choice.

I hate missing my Sat pistol shoot due to the joy of multiple targets from behind cover and drawing from a holster.

I thought Midwest's USPSA club dissolved. Are these sanctioned matches or just funsies? I have shot matches there before upstairs but thought they stopped.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#43]

I thought Midwest's USPSA club dissolved. Are these sanctioned matches or just funsies? I have shot matches there before upstairs but thought they stopped.

Non sanctioned for fun and skill building.  Jack will run us through some drills for a half hour or so then set up scenerios for the rest of the day.  If mostley newbies show up we won't even use the timer.  A lot of the competitors shoot on thursday nights.  If enough of them show up we will run with the timer.  We follow IDPA rules usually but Jack isn't anal about equipment. Shoot what ya got!  

This Sunday there is a non sanctioned match, that like I said above will be run IDPA style. If you or anyone has previous IDPA,IPSIC or USPSA experience they are more than welcome to show up and shoot.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:26:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Ok guys the 18th looks like the ticket. I will see you all there. Hope everyone can make it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#45]
I will be there on the 18th and might bring a few extra people with me.

-Jeremy
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:31:48 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I will be there on the 18th and might bring a few extra people with me.

-Jeremy

Great! Hope we get a good turn out.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#47]
I will be there too...Good Lord willin and the creek don't rise!!
Gonna have to stock up on more ammo......
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#48]
18th it is.  

(Looking forward to a little  , some , maybe some , a bunch of , and maybe somebody will even  ?  )    

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Non sanctioned for fun and skill building.  Jack will run us through some drills for a half hour or so then set up scenerios for the rest of the day.  If mostley newbies show up we won't even use the timer.  A lot of the competitors shoot on thursday nights.  If enough of them show up we will run with the timer.  We follow IDPA rules usually but Jack isn't anal about equipment. Shoot what ya got!  

This Sunday there is a non sanctioned match, that like I said above will be run IDPA style. If you or anyone has previous IDPA,IPSIC or USPSA experiance they are more than welcome to show up and shoot.

Hey Ron,
Does Jack know you're posting an open invitation on the net? The Jack I know is a little particular about who shoots there.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Hey Ron,
Does Jack know you're posting an open invitation on the net? The Jack I know is a little particular about who shoots there.

Thats why I posted the caveat about having IDPA, USPSA etc.. experience.  

If you don't have a background in drawing from a holster and operating on a "hot" range (everyone carrying loaded guns) then he will want you to take his class first to go over the basics.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top