Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 7:14:31 PM EDT
I hear JR's Shooting Sports have a TERRIBLE reputation...

Where else do you guys regularly unload your AR's indoors? Where do they allow M855? (that's all I have is IMI M855)
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:14:02 AM EDT
[#1]
No clue on the M855, but GunWorld is where I go.

Drobs, if you read this, does Maxon's allow rifles?

Also try Megasports but they are more south west than west.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I do not know of any ranges whatsoever in the Western burbs that allow (rifle caliber) rifles indoors beyond JR, and they are no fun ($30 an hour for rifle, their overpriced ammo, and the manager is a biatch).

You best bet is to either get a pistol caliber upper or learn to enjoy shooting in the cold- there are some outdoor ranges that are open all year round.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:06:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Gunworld in Bensenville allows rifles in Range 1. I think they are less than $20 for rifles and you can stay as long as you want. I seem to remember that Maxons does have a rifle area but I forget how far it goes. Maxon's seems to be shorter than the Gunworld range. Gunworld does check bullets with a magnet and won't let you shoot your rifle if you have steel core.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I no longer work at Maxon's, but they allow rifles on and off at the range, depends on what mood Barry is in.  Distance is only 50ft. Range is cold in the winter, hot in the summer, and as dark as a cave. $17.50 gets you 1 hour range time which is strictly enforced on busy weekeneds and not enforced week nights. Ventilation usually sucks.
Back stop is chunked rubber so they don't care ammo types as long as it isn't tracer, not that they would notice.

If you ever go shoot there. Put a couple rounds through the target carriers for me!  

I do all my shooting at Gun World. GW's range pass is unlimited for the year vs. Maxon's 12 visit pass. I find the ventilation to be better at GW and prefer shooting at 25yds.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking about buying a range pass for gun world as well.

I just have to get my hands on a .22 pistol to practice with first and I think I'll go ahead and buy a range pass.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#6]
My only worry with Gun World is that there might be a runway right through it at any time.
It wouldn't suprize me if Dickey Daley didn't bulldoze the place overnight.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#7]
The owners have said that they WILL rebuild if o hare expansion knocks them out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The owners have said that they WILL rebuild if o hare expansion knocks them out.

Really,  awesome!!!  I have been concerned about that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top