Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 2:38:46 PM EDT
Here's a letter I got in response to my letters about S397.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Good job-must be one of the good ones.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think we should invite her to the next Blastfest.  I'd love to see a politician out enjoying shooting with common people.  Of course, after meeting alot of people here, can't say anyone is common.

Cody!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:07:21 AM EDT
[#4]
That "armor piercing ammunition" amendment concerns me. I can't help wonder if a future attempt by an anti-gun administration would use this as a loophole to ban all rifle ammo.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Kroagnon
That "armor piercing ammunition" amendment concerns me. I can't help wonder if a future attempt by an anti-gun administration would use this as a loophole to ban all rifle ammo.

+1 on that. Both amendments have "mission creep" written all over them. We have to watch out for legislation that would take advantage of these amendments.

All it will take is new definition of what armor piercing is and A law the makes you a criminal if you store a handgun without a trigger lock in place.

It might be called the “Police Officer Protection Act” or some such. “Small arms ammunition will be considered armor piercing if it can penetrate police body armor.” That would be all centerfire ammo and a lot of handgun stuff. I can see this From Theo Kennedy. He has already tried to put through a similar piece of legislation.

JR
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#6]
What is the definition of armor peircing? Is it  steel core bullet or something else ? There is alot of steel core surplus for sale .
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#7]
My understanding of the AP provision is that it didn't really change anything about the law.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I must say that I like Judy Biggert.

I didn't read the complete S397 bill before it passed, but it does concern me that the NRA seems to be up to it's old tricks of giving up some rights to get others back, and I don't think that's right.  As it is, the armor piercing thing isn't probably going to affect IL residents, unless it redefines "armor piercing", but the gun lock part is what the antis have wanted for a long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top