Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 4:54:27 PM EDT
A buddy of mine aranged to rent an indoor range for five of us today! We spent a half an hour sighting in our various weapons, bowling pin guns, race guns, duty pistols, shot guns, AND MY AR! WoOT!

I had my .22 adapter in, but I also had 100 rounds of special .223 frangible ammo approved for indoor shooting....

Then we spent two hours shooting various scenarios against the clock. I shot a few two gun scenarios and a few timed shotgun rounds. Again, I must say: WOoT! 12 gauge indoors is wild!

I haven't done that kind of open range shooting indoors since the '80s.

My wife even shot a number of rounds with a bowling pin revolve in .45r. I love her even more now!

Just one thing, I HATE shooting indoors! My chest feels all tight and congested afterwards. I would really love to have another get together like that, outdoors.

My AR (M4orgery)  made me feel proud! Head shot after head shot, it was a dream to shoot, until one particular box of  .223 ammo had soft bullets and was a jam-o-matic. But that was cool too! I was able to do rapid response drills and jam clearing agains the clock and even though every second or third round would jam up good, I engaged every target in the head from a kneeling position.

-efxguy

edit for spelling
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool for you man,   I been plinking old rotten pumpkins. Even cooler that you had the wife shooting too,  Have a safe and  Happy New Year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top