Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 7:55:51 AM EDT
I'm considering going over to the Indy 1500 gun show Jan 13-15. Is it a worthwhile trip or just another jerky/beanie baby fest? Over in the Indiana HTF there's some folks proclaiming great deals to be had on ammo. I'd be looking to pick up a stripped lower for my M4gery project. I should just need my IL DL and FOID, and a simple background check to walk out with a lower that same day right?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Indy 1500 is an excellent show. Plan on spending a few hours walking around looking for the best deal. Ammunition Store is usually there as well as other vendors that advertise in the Shotgun News. I have to watch how many cases of ammo I buy so that my Jeep isn't overloaded. If you own a Glock they have a few guys that will do work on them while you are there. One of the best Gun Shows I have been to and plan on attending also. I haven't bought a firearms there yet, run out of money stocking up on ammo. Hope this helps
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
moparman,
you might want to check the HTF, I think you need your DL and FOID.  Beerstud posted a thread about it in the IN HTF.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=30&t=218493
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Over in the Indiana HTF there's some folks proclaiming great deals to be had on ammo.

Quoted:
moparman,
you might want to check the HTF

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=30&t=218493

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#4]
So has anyone else gone to this show? is it worth it  compared to Kane Co show?
Is anyone going?
I might go on Friday.
George..................................
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered a FoxPro 416B coyote caller.....

I'm taking a "time-out" on buying anything for a couple months.

WIZZO

BTW, it is one hell of a show. Biggest one I've ever been to and I hope to go to another this year sometime.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I went a couple years ago and it was absolutely awesome.  I shouldn't go, but I might anyway if Ammunition Store is going to be there.  I do need to pick up some buckshot, some more .45, and maybe another case of 5.56.  Damnit...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:11:30 AM EDT
[#7]
You can call Ammuntion Store and pre-order some ammo or other things they have to make sure they will have it there for you. I have done this a few times last year. Just don't forget they will charge you Indiana sales tax Ohio Ordnance is also there for those with 1919a4's or other big toys.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Sales tax is still at least half the price of shipping.  I emailed Ammunition Store and they will definitely be there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top