Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 2:24:48 PM EDT
Lots of fun got to drive just about every vehicle in GM's line including the Hummer H3 and Corvette. This was held yesterday and today at the Arlington race track parking lot. No admission fee and not very crowded. At one point I just walked down the line and drove every fulsize chevy truck including that SS thing. They had a multiple courses set up to drive. You were only allowed to drive the Corvette and the Hummer once each, but both were awesome. There was a choice of manual or automatic for the Corvette and you were allowed to burn rubber around the track! Gotta say it was a hell of fun day for free!

Here's a pic I found online of the hummer hill climb. I gotta say the one yesterday was steeper on both sides!

Linky:
www.autoshowinmotion.com/index.asp?flash=True&s=%7B007D9EE3%2D48EB%2D42D5%2D94A5%2DFA8262F2CD56%7D
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Lots of fun got to drive just about every vehicle in GM's line including the Hummer H3 and Corvette. This was held yesterday and today at the Arlington race track parking lot. No admission fee and not very crowded. At one point I just walked down the line and drove every fulsize chevy truck including that SS thing. They had a multiple courses set up to drive. You were only allowed to drive the Corvette and the Hummer once each, but both were awesome. There was a choice of manual or automatic for the Corvette and you were allowed to burn rubber around the track! Gotta say it was a hell of fun day for free!

Here's a pic I found online of the hummer hill climb. I gotta say the one yesterday was steeper on both sides!
image20.webshots.com/20/1/95/9/198619509jJGxIX_ph.jpg

Linky:
www.autoshowinmotion.com/index.asp?flash=True&s=%7B007D9EE3%2D48EB%2D42D5%2D94A5%2DFA8262F2CD56%7D

Sounds like a great time. Daimler Chrysler had something like that at each of their division's displays at the Chicago autoshow this past February!  
That SS thing you mention is the SSR.

Deej
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky:

Sounds like a great time. Daimler Chrysler had something like that at each of their division's displays at the Chicago autoshow this past February!  

Deej

That's the one! Costs more than a Corvette! They also had the competitors cars. Longest lines were for the 300M, Lexus / BMW Suv. The Pontiac Solstice also had a long line, which we gave up on twice. I took that HHC(sp): PT cruiser looking thing out for a few runs. Gotta say I was impressed. Awesome handling and peppy engine.

There was no line waiting for the Toyota echo, Pontiac Minivan & Vibe. All 3 of which I took out, pedal to the metal!!!
Also drove the newest Ford Exploder, took me awhile to find the door handle to get out of it!  I'd grab the Hummer H3 for $35k over the $40K Exploder any day of the week.

Did I mention I want a H3?!?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky:

Deej

That's the one! Costs more than a Corvette! They also had the competitors cars. Longest lines were for the 300M, Lexus / BMW Suv. The Pontiac Solstice also had a long line, which we gave up on twice. I took that HHC(sp): PT cruiser looking thing out for a few runs. Gotta say I was impressed. Awesome handling and peppy engine.

There was no line waiting for the Toyota echo, Pontiac Minivan & Vibe. All 3 of which I took out, pedal to the metal!!!
Also drove the newest Ford Exploder, took me awhile to find the door handle to get out of it!  I'd grab the Hummer H3 for $35k over the $40K Exploder any day of the week.

Did I mention I want a H3?!?  

My sister has a Vibe, it's got a very peppy engine for being a 130 hp four-banger.  

Even though I'm not sold on the H3's looks, I'd take it over an Exploder if I had to pick between the two.

Deej
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top