Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 5:37:24 PM EDT
I'll probably be heading over there tomorrow.  I've got a new AR to break in.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I should be there pretty early.

I'll be wearing a black hat that says MOLON LABE.

Usually I'll be at the 100yrd range then move down to the pit later.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't see you there, Ron.  Looked all over for ya.  Met up with a few others though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry I missed ya, Iwas there from 10 to 12:30.

I did meet brass-hog,  can't wait for the  Nov.6th shoot.

Will have to meet up next time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Special thanks to the guy from Chicago who let me shoot his Springfield...and his M1 Garrand.  Definitely  awesome experiences as I've never shot a larger caliber centerfire rifle before!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup, had fun today despite the crappy weather change.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Special thanks to the guy from Chicago who let me shoot his Springfield...and his M1 Garrand. Definitely awesome experiences as I've never shot a larger caliber centerfire rifle before!!

Tim, you're plenty welcome.  I'm always up for spreading Garand-itis to the unafflicted.  Here's that link again:  www.odcmp.com/

Weather cleared up considerably after you guys left.  Pretty strong head winds though.  All in all, a good range day.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm already online with ODCMP to get a hold of a M1903A3 springfield just like yours...unless yours is for sale????
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Ha ha, not right now.  I only have the one and if I sell it, then I won't be able to use the stacking swivels, LOL (need 3 rifles for that).  Besides, mine has a hairline crack in the top handguard.

You know, I will be taking a trip over to the North Store in the near future (probably before Nov. 5) to stock up on ammo.  If you haven't ordered one by then, I can look through their 1903A3's to see if there are any nice ones, and pick you up one if you wanted.

BTW, check out their forums if you haven't yet, they have a lot of info on there, plus the CMP people frequent the forums occassionally and provide targeted answers.

EDIT:  I just followed my own advice and checked the forums and found this: LINK

Apparently they were out of 1903A3's at the North Store, but it says they would be back in stock by September, so I assume they received their shipment.  I put a reply on there asking for verification that they are  back in stock.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I sent you an email and I'm definitely interested.  Let me know what's going on when you get a chance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top