Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 4:34:10 PM EDT
I am interested in some facts and opinions that you all might offer on the ISRA range in Kankakee. 200.00 initial fee to join, 120.00 per year there after. What ranges are there? Rapid fire restrictions? Who goes there? All opinions welcome...thanks  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
VERY conservative range.

Slow fire off the bench.

ckmorley
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a range member but have a good friend that is.

Supposedly you get a key card allowing you to shoot whenever you please. I heard controlled rapid fire (no bump fire) was allowed. I forget the distance but recall hearing they have some lonnnggg ranges.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
They have 2 100yd ranges, 1 300 yd range, a split pistol range (10 lines on each side I think) and a double lane clay range.  No rapid fire, you get looks.  If a competition is going on, the range being used is closed out until the shoot is finished.  Usually pretty empty in the mornings. (at least on sundays)  Doesn't pick up until noon.  You get a key card.  Open from 8am to dusk.  You can camp out there if you want.  Only if your a member.  You can bring a guest, but they prefer you do it once and have them join.  2 work days a year or $40 fine per work day. or $30 if you pay in advance when renewing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top