Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 10:47:54 AM EDT
We rent the top floor of an old early 1900's house (2 separate entrances). The landlord Sara has been MIA for the last 4 months. We've been paying rent to her husband who lives down stairs but have been wondering what happened to her. We figured that maybe she went and visited her parents. The neighbor told us that she was away studying at school.

Anyways a couple days ago I went and checked the mail, we share a common mail box. There was a letter in there from her to her husband with the return address of:

Sara Gonzales
Federal Prison Camp
Box 5000
Pekin, IL

I was thinking that maybe she was an intern or something till I found this:
www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderServlet?Transaction=IDSearch&needingMoreList=false&IDType=IRN&IDNumber=13792-424&x=16&y=23

I guess that will teach her for jacking our rent up on us. Anyway of finding out what she is in for?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
We rent the top floor of an old early 1900's house (2 separate entrances). The landlord Sara has been MIA for the last 4 months. We've been paying rent to her husband who lives down stairs but have been wondering what happened to her. We figured that maybe she went and visited her parents. The neighbor told us that she was away studying at school.

Anyways a couple days ago I went and checked the mail, we share a common mail box. There was a letter in there from her to her husband with the return address of:

Sara Gonzales
Federal Prison Camp
Box 5000
Pekin, IL

www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderServlet?Transaction=IDSearch&needingMoreList=false&IDType=IRN&IDNumber=13792-424&x=16&y=23

I guess that will teach her for jacking our rent up on us. Anyway of finding out what she is in for?

Does the husband know?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sara Gonzales
Federal Prison Camp
Box 5000
Pekin, IL

Does the husband know?

He doesn't know I know and I really don't want to ask him.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sara Gonzales
Federal Prison Camp
Box 5000
Pekin, IL

Does the husband know?

He doesn't know I know and I really don't want to ask him.

I can't help you, I'm not an LEO so, maybe you can ask NPD233, I think cops have a data base that
can have that information for you.  NCIC or something like that.  

So, PAGING NPD233....
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#4]
You can start by checking the County Courthouse.  If she was convicted there, her records should be on file for public viewing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You can start by checking the County Courthouse.  If she was convicted there, her records should be on file for public viewing.

It looks like she is in a federal facility, so you may have to look into the federal vs county or state records.  

Considering she is in Pekin, I would check with:

PEORIA DIVISION
309 U.S. Courthouse
100 N.E. Monroe Street            
Peoria IL 61602                        
Telephone:   309-671-7117
Fax:   309-671-7120

You could also try the Electronic Public Access for the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, but it costs  $.08 per page to find info (never tried it myself).
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, if this is your Sara Gonzales . . .

Sara V. Gonzales
04-CR-00009
Judge Darrah
N.D. Illinois
sentenced 02/23/2005
ordered for committment to the Bureau of Prisions on 05/27/2005

. . .  then she was convicted of Bank Fraud (violation of 18 United States Code Section 1344A) and is serving a 51-month sentence.

Disposition
18:1344A.F BANK FRAUD and 18:2 AID AND ABET
(1)  It is the judgment of this court that: the defendant is hereby committed to the custody of the United States Bureau of Prisons to be imprisoned for 51 months and 6 months for a total term of 57 to run consecutively pursuant to 2 J1.7. Upon release from imprisonment the defendant shall be on supervised release for the periods specified for each count of conviction. The defendant is sentenced on all count(s) of conviction, namely count(s) one to a period of 4 years of supervised release said periods to run concurrent. Mandatory conditions of supervised release. The defendant shall self surrender to the United States Marshal for this district before 2:00 p.m. on 04/25/05.

Go here and input 18 USC 1344A if you want to view the statute on Bank Fraud.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Drobs and Silas are good.

Do you so requests?

JR
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Drobs, can I make a suggestion to you?

I think if your landlord is in prison, maybe it's time to find a different place to live.

Just my $.02.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, if this is your Sara Gonzales . . .

Sara V. Gonzales
04-CR-00009
Judge Darrah
N.D. Illinois
sentenced 02/23/2005
ordered for committment to the Bureau of Prisions on 05/27/2005

. . .  then she was convicted of Bank Fraud (violation of 18 United States Code Section 1344A) and is serving a 51-month sentence.

Disposition
18:1344A.F BANK FRAUD and 18:2 AID AND ABET
(1)  It is the judgment of this court that: the defendant is hereby committed to the custody of the United States Bureau of Prisons to be imprisoned for 51 months and 6 months for a total term of 57 to run consecutively pursuant to 2 J1.7. Upon release from imprisonment the defendant shall be on supervised release for the periods specified for each count of conviction. The defendant is sentenced on all count(s) of conviction, namely count(s) one to a period of 4 years of supervised release said periods to run concurrent. Mandatory conditions of supervised release. The defendant shall self surrender to the United States Marshal for this district before 2:00 p.m. on 04/25/05.

Go here and input 18 USC 1344A if you want to view the statute on Bank Fraud.

I'm sure that's her! I wrote down her prisoner number off the letter and that link I posted above is her. Looks like she's in for awhile. Is there a way to find out exactly what she did? Also don't most people serve so many months and get paroled? (Or am I reading that red section wrong, and she will only serve 6 months and then have 4 years supervision?)

A little more info, Sara owns a trucking company that deals with Chicago as a minority owned firm. I got the feelign that she ran it and her husband performed recovery operations for the trucks. I think they just own the business and each driver leases their truck (rock / dirt hauler) somewhere else. I wonder if her conviction didn't have something to do with that Chicago hired truck scandal.

As far as moving our last lease ended July 1. Prior to disapearing, she sent us a letter saying she was going to keep our deposit (toilet over flowed causing minor damage, not $750 worth though) and jack our rent up to $850 from $750. We looked around a bit and I talked her husband down to $800 so we stayed. We haven't signed a new lease / contract for the year. It's my impression that I can move out anytime or ride out the last 30 days w/o paying to recoup the security deposit if need be.    

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Don't bother with the county courthouse. She's in a Federal Pen, you need to check with the local US District Court.

While I have access to computer databases as a police officer, these records are restricted to LEO use only, and on top of that, I am only allowed to access records of those persons whom I have either arrested or am conducting a criminal investigation and they are somehow involved. If I want to get records just to know something about someone, I have to go through the same avenues that anyone else would.

edit.. well, looks like silascobb beat me to it!

Why not send her a postcard?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#11]
A member here, won't reveal their name, sent me the details.

Sara, while working at a local bank got a hold of a customers personal information, established online banking w/o the customer's knowledge and attempted to clean out the person's bank account and investments to the tune of $950k. From what I read, Sara, her husband, and husband's brother recruited a 4th person and set that person up with a fake identy and mexican passport, then got that person a bank account in which to cash checks into.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Might be a good idea if you went *right now* and got a credit report on you, your wife, and any other individuals living with you.

If she went through this much BS, imagine what she could do (or may already have done) with the information she could pilfer from your mail/trash.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:54:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
A member here, won't reveal their name, sent me the details.

Sara, while working at a local bank got a hold of a customers personal information, established online banking w/o the customer's knowledge and attempted to clean out the person's bank account and investments to the tune of $950k. From what I read, Sara, her husband, and husband's brother recruited a 4th person and set that person up with a fake identy and mexican passport, then got that person a bank account in which to cash checks into.

Unfortunately they do so much financial damage so quickly, and it's usually hard if not impossible to recoup losses.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:59:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Might be a good idea if you went *right now* and got a credit report on you, your wife, and any other individuals living with you.

If she went through this much BS, imagine what she could do (or may already have done) with the information she could pilfer from your mail/trash.

Just a thought.

That's on the top of my list!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:21:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a thought.

That's on the top of my list!!!

+1.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Just a thought.

FYI:  There was a recent law that mandates the credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian, Trans Union, etc.) provide one free report per year to consumers so that they can make sure their credit isn't being messed with.

You can get your free report at (you do have to fill out a bunch of info so they can verify your identity though):  www.annualcreditreport.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top