Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2005 2:02:01 PM EDT
Im thinking about goin to gun world on friday .
Im About 100% sure im goin.(I need to see what the weather is like, due to work)
Thinking around 11am.
If anyone wants to hook up give me a holler, either here or at [email protected]
George.....................................
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
George,

Sorry I ddin't get back to you after you IM'ed me about a range trip/learning about the forge.  i neded up gettinga  job and having jury duty in the last two weeks, os things have been a little...hectic.

I can't go tomorrow, but one of these days I'll get out there and meet up with you.  If nothing else I'll see you at the next Kane County show.

Sven
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you guys know if gun world has any rules about shooting 7.62 in regards to what type of ammo you use?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes they sure do have rules on 7.62 and rifle cartidges in general. No steel cased ammo. Yes I know it should be steel core ammo but they do not like steel cased ammo either. Last time I was there a guy brought his daughter, his AK, his 500, and some sort of pistol which I do not recall. Any, he quickly ended up only shooting the pistol and shotgun because the range officer confiscated his wolf ammo.

For brass cased stuff they sell cheetah for 11 bucks per 40rds downstairs. Which is still about 5 bucks better than the value pack at walmart.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I shoot steel cased ammo there all the time.
They just dont want any steel cored bullets.
They check your ammo with a magnet.
I shoot my ar15 and ar 10 there all the time.
Wolf and surplus 7.62
George.................................
P.s. No Problem Sven.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#5]

I just picked up my Krebs AK last week and want to order some ammo online that I can shoot at gun world.  Can you guys recommend a website and a brand of ammo in 7.62 that doesn't have  steel cored bullets.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:21:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I shoot steel cased ammo there all the time.
They just dont want any steel cored bullets.
They check your ammo with a magnet.
I shoot my ar15 and ar 10 there all the time.
Wolf and surplus 7.62
George.................................
P.s. No Problem Sven.

It might depend on which guy is working the range that day. I think the problem might be with the dark skinned guy with the accent how is usually there on Sundays, as any issues I have ever had or saw at that range have been whe he was working.

As for cheap brass cased ammo, I believe Vector Arms has Cheetah for a much more resonable price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top