Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2004 3:28:37 PM EDT
I just recieved the latest issue of Motor Trend in the mail.

In an article starting on page 109, it states that General Motors had an ad during the Athens Olympics featuring a boy "driving" an '05 Vette and performing stunts in said vehicle in New York City.  Janette Fennel, president and founder of a child auto safety advocacy group called Kids and Cars, balked when she saw the ad.  GM pulled the ad off the air and said it would not feature children driving or flying cars in its ads.

Now for the "slight rant" part:

I think that these advocacy groups are out of control.  There was no damage or injury, part of it was computer made, and there was no child "driving" but a professional stuntman.

I think also that GM should not have given in to this advocacy group...but then again GM would have a lawsuit on its hands.

Oh well....
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:18:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Why are you posting this here? What does this have to do with Illinois and firearms?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why are you posting this here? What does this have to do with Illinois and firearms?

Because Illinois must have a lot of these evil special interest, noisy, ban this, ban that groups; Don't cha think?

Unless of course, "Everything is Beautiful"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top