Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 5:48:54 PM EDT
So, for toll users, tolls may be raised for non-I-Pass users.

But, I've been told that I-Pass has cameras that monitor where you go, licence #, ETC.

So it begs the question, which would you rather have:

1. No I pass and double tolls?

OR

2. An I Pass that monitors you?

Food for thought.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:56:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I vote for Plan C-secondary roads!

Larry
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:02:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Spray on that stuff that is clear, but masks your plate from photos....then blow thru the Ipass lanes.  Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:58:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Regular tolls take pictures to ya know...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
They do, but there is no database that correllates to your license plate-it involves hand searches of photos.

Larry
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They do, but there is no database that correllates to your license plate-it involves hand searches of photos.

Larry

Well ya never know now do ya
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:37:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Larry

Well ya never know now do ya hr

You mean we're BOTH wearing tinfoil hats while we're typing....?

Larry
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, unfortunately, they voted for it...and it passed.

It doesn't go into effect until Jan 05, so we still have time to get our I passes!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:46:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I vote for civil disobediance. I vote we assemble teams of tradesmen with oxy-acetalyene torches and during rush hour, we simply begin taking the toll booths down. Blowgoatshit swore up and down that he wouldn't raise tolls during his campaign.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I vote for civil disobediance. I vote we assemble teams of tradesmen with oxy-acetalyene torches and during rush hour, we simply begin taking the toll booths down. Blowgoatshit swore up and down that he wouldn't raise tolls during his campaign.

REALLY?!]

He's a jerk

And that is ANOTHER promise that these politicians break
Sounds like a good plan but wouldn't that cause mass chaos or is that the plan here?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Let me put on my tinfoil hat, ok.

You know that those IPASS modules you have to buy for $50 are basically GPS locaters? They can track your car where ever you go.

Also whats to stop them from putting in detectors at every on ramp & off ramp? All sorts of money to be made by mailing tickets. All they have to do is clock you from point A to Point B.

It's for the children.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#11]
(tinfoil hat on)

I say if they abolish the tolls, we abolish the camera problem.

But...isn't the tollway broke, they say?

Considering what they take in a day, my dad could retire on what they make in a day.

Tollway aint broke, so don't fix it.

IT"S MISMANAGED!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You know that those IPASS modules you have to buy for $50 are basically GPS locaters? They can track your car where ever you go.

Also whats to stop them from putting in detectors at every on ramp & off ramp? All sorts of money to be made by mailing tickets. All they have to do is clock you from point A to Point B.

It's for the children.

You're thinking too much dude. Really, they do have much more to do than monitor millions of people doing nothing but driving. Don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's for the children.

You're thinking too much dude. Really, they do have much more to do than monitor millions of people doing nothing but driving. Don't worry about it.

Look at all the money to be made! Give it 2 years and they will be mailing speeding tickets.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's for the children.

Look at all the money to be made! Give it 2 years and they will be mailing speeding tickets.

Don't speed and you have nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's for the children.

Haven't you gotten the memo yet?  It isn't about speed, or safety.  It is about money!!!  What do you think they would do if everybody in the state stopped speeding?

A)  Hold a press conference to hail the safe roads and low fataities?

B)  Hold a press conference to complain about a downward spiral of state funds?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#16]
If they start mailing speeding tickets, I will get plate covers and throw my ipass out the fucking window.

What would be HILARIOUS is if we could get everyone to use Ipass lanes, even if they dont have I-pass.

The boxes really arent that sophisticated.  I have doubts that they could really track you, and frankly don't care if they do.  If they're stupid enough to track any of us to our houses, well, they're gonna be met by a nice suprise when they get there.

REGARDLESS- I have been using I-pass for a year now, speed like a bat out of hell, and still have not had any problems.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:31:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's for the children.

Haven't you gotten the memo yet?  It isn't about speed, or safety.  It is about money!!!  What do you think they would do if everybody in the state stopped speeding?

A)  Hold a press conference to hail the safe roads and low fataities?

B)  Hold a press conference to complain about a downward spiral of state funds?

Yes, I am well versed in the system, believe me. We need to carefully pick our hills to die on in Illinois, this isn't the hill.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Let's face it--if they really wanted safer roads they'd quit giving driver's licenses to every dummy who asked.

If you had to go through as much BS to get a driver's license as you do to get a FOID, we could all drive 100mph in any direction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top