BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 5:46:33 PM EDT

MT
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
wait till it gets cold and windy, you'll change your mind.

there ARE some nifty places there.

I spent lots of time there with my previous employer for schooling.

lots of Blues places, if you like that.
Navy Pier is kinda fun
Museum of Industy is cool
the John Handcock and Sears towers.
art museum

you could spend a week there and always have something to do.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Just added a few more...My brother lives there and these are from my mother's trip over.

MT
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]
It's great.

Lots of fun things to do.

A haven for out-of towners, that is what differentiates it from other cities.

For example, I went to Cleveland in '02 and there was nothing to do other than Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I'm origionally from there, and even though I live in suburbs, it is still great.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]
3rd only to NYC and SF.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I was gonna post a picture of a bum.

I invite you to do a "GOOGLE" for "bums".
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I would post the ones with my family in them ...but I value my breath.

Hmmm maybe it is time for some photoshop...how would they ever know?

MT
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]

My brothers cat...(had to PS out Mom)..maybe catching a plane?  To go see sgtar15 ??

MT ___ "T" for TOO much time on my hands.

What is the building in the background?

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I you go there and don't catch the Vietnam Veteran's Art Museum, you're a communist.

Oh, and Chicago is way better than NYC.  The people (girls) are 10x as friendly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Chicago sucks. A gun grabbing hell hole. Thank you for spending money there and funding Mayor Daley's relentless gun grabbing scheme.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't go...They wouldn't let me on the plane with my toenail clippers.

MT
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Chicago sucks. A gun grabbing hell hole. Thank you for spending money there and funding Mayor Daley's relentless gun grabbing scheme.

you're welcome.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#14]

My brothers cat...maybe catching a plane? To go see sgtar15 ??

That is the new [the flying saucer has just landed] Soldier field. The picture was taken from the Southern entrance to the Field Museum.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Interesting Building. Bet they had their CAD Programs working overtime.

MT
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:55:28 AM EDT
[#16]
If you think Shitcago is pretty, you obviously haven't seen Mayor D-D-D-Daley.

Ug.

Larry
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:29:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Chicago woman friendly?  Dude you must have visited a different city or been shitting $100 bills.  I grew up there and in my opinion and experience Chicago is one of the worst towns to be single in.  It's uptight, puritanical (guess it just can't come to grips with its past), and seems to be dominated by yuppies who care more about comparing BMW's and bank accounts than having a good time.

As far as big cities go, I'd take NYC or L.A. in a heartbeat over Chicago.  All are liberal and have shitty gun laws but at least the first two have an endless amount of shit to do, friendlier people, and L.A. has a lock on the weather.

Just my .02 cents.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:44:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Chicago woman friendly?  Dude you must have visited a different city or been shitting $100 bills.  I grew up there and in my opinion and experience Chicago is one of the worst towns to be single in.  It's uptight, puritanical (guess it just can't come to grips with its past), and seems to be dominated by yuppies who care more about comparing BMW's and bank accounts than having a good time.

As far as big cities go, I'd take NYC or L.A. in a heartbeat over Chicago.  All are liberal and have shitty gun laws but at least the first two have an endless amount of shit to do, friendlier people, and L.A. has a lock on the weather.

Just my .02 cents.

you must be from the the north side

eta, where in the city did you grow up??
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Or a real dork.

Some guys couldn't get laid in a whorehouse.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:52:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That is the new [the flying saucer has just landed] Soldier field. The picture was taken from the Southern entrance to the Field Museum.

And because of the UFO add-on, Soldier Field is losing it's historical landmark status.

UFO funded by Chgo's Hotel Tax.

Get a mile away from the lakefront...... totaly diffferent city.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Chicago is fine; it is just full of shitty people.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I was grossed out the first time I rode the Orange line into down town.  I never saw such old filth!

Down town was pretty decent, however.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:47:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or a real dork.

I'm sure you're an expert on whorehouses, seeing how it is you brought them up.  It's probably the only way a loud mouth troll can get laid.

I can see why you like Chicago so much.  You'll fit right in with Daley and his ilk.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:52:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or a real dork.

I'm sure you're an expert on whorehouses, seeing how it is you brought them up.  It's probably the only way a loud mouth troll can get laid.

I can see why you like Chicago so much.  You'll fit right in with Daley and his ilk.

get him norm
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or a real dork.

That's why I suggested them to you.  You're the crybaby that whined that you couldn't manage to get laid in Chicago.  I don't know if you've got a little dick, or a lisp,  or maybe one leg is shorter than the other, but if you can't get laid in Chicago, there is SOMETHING terribly wrong with you.

I can see why you like Chicago so much.

Actually, I don't think you can.  You never saw it like I did, looking up from between a nice girl's thighs.  I'm guessing the only way you ever saw it was face down in the gutter while some fruit over in Boy's Town poked ya in the pooper (let's just hope he doesn't post pics).

You'll fit right in with Daley and his ilk.

It's you dumbasses that elected him, not me.  I had the good sense to elect a Bush as my governor, and our state has the good sense not to give a mayoer tha kind of stroke.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or a real dork.

That's why I suggested them to you.  You're the crybaby that whined that you couldn't manage to get laid in Chicago.  I don't know if you've got a little dick, or a lisp,  or maybe one leg is shorter than the other, but if you can't get laid in Chicago, there is SOMETHING terribly wrong with you.

I can see why you like Chicago so much.

Actually, I don't think you can.  You never saw it like I did, looking up from between a nice girl's thighs.  I'm guessing the only way you ever saw it was face down in the gutter while some fruit over in Boy's Town poked ya in the pooper (let's just hope he doesn't post pics).

You'll fit right in with Daley and his ilk.

It's you dumbasses that elected him, not me.  I had the good sense to elect a Bush as my governor, and our state has the good sense not to give a mayoer tha kind of stroke.

I'm glad you know so much about boys town troll.  I'm sure you had a wonderful time cirlce jerking with the rest of liberals in between paying for pussy.  Loser.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm glad you know so much about boys town troll.  I'm sure you had a wonderful time cirlce jerking with the rest of liberals in between paying for pussy.  Loser.

That's all you've got?  Christ, this is boring.  Obviously the one thing that Chicago is lacking is a public education system, because you obviously couldn't insult your way out of a paper bag.

Give me your new address, I'll send ya $10 to use for a BJ in an alley, just so long as you promise me it won't be from a man.  You obviously need it way worse than me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#28]
The building in the background is Soldier Field.
Home of the Bears.

That cat looks just like mine...His name is Barney.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If you think Shitcago is pretty, you obviously haven't seen Mayor D-D-D-Daley.

Ug.

Larry

Watch what you say about my hometown, pal!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#31]

couple more...

I really enjoy the buildings. The tallest building in our town is a split level apartment.

MT
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#32]

again the cat is in the photo to cover the family members....no they are not in the witness relocation program.

MT
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I have'nt been to Chicago in a decade but my experience  was of a very dirty/nasty place to live.

FINNALY MOVED OUT OF THE PROJECTS??
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#34]
I wonder if the window washers get paid more in the Windy City? That's alot of glass.

MT
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:42:01 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I have'nt been to Chicago in a decade but my experience  was of a very dirty/nasty place to live.

Looks like Florida is a pretty fucked up place to live these days. Attention pubescents from Florida: go the fuck away. Go play grab ass in your own state forums. Chicago sucks, I come from there. If you gentlemen spouted your sewer holes off in the streets of Chicago like you do here, your overweight, living in your Mom's basement asses would be wearing your ass for a hat. Go be tough in Miami with the Cuban homosexual parades, don't bring it here, you will be humiliated.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:46:46 AM EDT
[#36]
I've been up to chicago a few times, nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there (ONLY because of the politics -- other than king dick living there and the city being in the shithole that is illinois, I liked it)
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:27:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like Florida is a pretty fucked up place to live these days. Attention pubescents from Florida: go the fuck away. Go play grab ass in your own state forums. Chicago sucks, I come from there. If you gentlemen spouted your sewer holes off in the streets of Chicago like you do here, your overweight, living in your Mom's basement asses would be wearing your ass for a hat. Go be tough in Miami with the Cuban homosexual parades, don't bring it here, you will be humiliated.

You're just pissed that the boys from Florida can come up there and steal your women.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:03:51 AM EDT
[#38]
PATRIOT, WHAT PART OF CHICAGO ARE YOU FROM??
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Please don't make fun of Chicago...I come from there too.  hock.gif
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#40]

WTF?  What crawled up your ass Patriot?  Sheez!  I live in the Chicago area.  I work in Chicago 5 days a week.   The politics suck, BUT--Chicago is a very clean beautiful city with LOTS to do and friendly women.  I think Norm is right--some guys just can't get laid.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're just pissed that the boys from Florida can come up there and steal your women.

There isn't enough money in the entire state of Florida to get you one Chicago woman. You couldn't get laid in an Uptown Korean whorehouse in Chicago.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
PATRIOT, WHAT PART OF CHICAGO ARE YOU FROM??

I live in the redneck safe haven of western Lake County nowadays. I was born at St. Anne's Hospital, now closed. Originally from what is now known as "Roscoe Village" by the homosexuals and liberals. My parents moved us to the burbs, first Elmwood Park, then Des Plaines, the Buffalo Grove. I grew up in Buffalo Grove when the best paid guy in the town was a plumber. My how times have changed. Little man from Florida: Chicago women are a hard won prize. Unless you have an assload of money and a gay car, forget about it. Now come out by where me and Snojet are from, and it's a much different story.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
WTF?  What crawled up your ass Patriot?  Sheez!  I live in the Chicago area.  I work in Chicago 5 days a week.   The politics suck, BUT--Chicago is a very clean beautiful city with LOTS to do and friendly women.  I think Norm is right--some guys just can't get laid.

Guys, seriously, come one. I am from Chicago. I was at the NFC championship in 84 where the Bears sacked the Rams. I am 4th generation Chicago. I have every right to say my peace about it. It is a crooked, filthy, corrupt ghetto. You see it as you'd like, truth is, it's a shit hole. Wait until Daley comes with his next round of gun grabbing bills and we'll see how much we all like it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#44]
And finally, no problems with the ladies. Believe it

I love ya guys, Chicago just evokes a strong reaction from me. I'm tired of living in their shadow and under their rules. I don't live there, Chicago should in no way affect my life, but it does and you guys know it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And because of the UFO add-on, Soldier Field is losing it's historical landmark status.

UFO funded by Chgo's Hotel Tax.

Get a mile away from the lakefront...... totaly diffferent city.

CKMorley

Oh yeah, and 'Da Maya' wrecked Miegs field...

Assclown!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:23:26 AM EDT
[#46]
YEAH PATRIOT I CAN SEE YOUR POINT YOU GREW UP IM THE SHITTY BURBS NOT IN CHICAGO
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
YEAH PATRIOT I CAN SEE YOUR POINT YOU GREW UP IM THE SHITTY BURBS NOT IN CHICAGO

Come on Bob, does that really make a difference? Honestly? Can you honestly tell me you even recognize this area anymore?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#48]
yes you can. i was born and raised in the city, from 1953 to when i moved out of the city in 75. to orland park.
there is a big difference between the city and burbs, and the original poster was talking about the city itself as in downtown. not the  surrounding neighborhoods, or the lower income burbs
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
yes you can. i was born and raised in the city, from 1953 to when i moved out of the city in 75. to orland park.
there is a big difference between the city and burbs, and the original poster was talking about the city itself as in downtown. not the  surrounding neighborhoods, or the lower income burbs

I guess we are just back to the gross difference of opinion between Babyboomers and Generation X. I respect you Bob, don't take it the wrong way but Chicago is viewed much differently by the generations that surround it. Buffalo Grove is hardly a lower income burb. I guess based on the successes y'all have had in this area in your day, I guess I'd like it too. I am younger than you and don't recognize this place anymore. Perhaps it's different in Orland Park. When my daughter is in college, I will leave here with no looking back. You guys can have the beautiful and magnificent City of Chicago.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Yes, it's a dirty, corrupt, gun-grabbing, liberal shit hole.  

Parts of it are incredibly beautiful - other parts incredibly nasty.

Yes, we have King Richard the 2nd and his gimp, Blagoya-bitch.

Yes, unless we oust Dickie, our chances for a CCW in IL are shit.

But..

We have awsome bars, awsome women, and awsome pizza.

Chicago is home, it's where my heart is, and it's where I'll be back again in 5 months after 6 years in the military.  I can't wait!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top