Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 5:54:40 PM EDT
Has anyone been up there lately? I am thinking about getting a lower for a later project. Last I heard he had these for $99. Are they cast or forged???
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they are all forged, 99% sure.  I think they solod out of the cast ones a while ago.   They have TONS of them in stock right now- literally tupperware tubs full of lowers w/ and w/o collapsible stocks.  I was just there on Saturday so I am sure they still have plenty.

Defintely the best place I have found to get a lower for a good price in IL  short of ordering online from out of state!

Heck, they even have an ORF 191A4 set up right in the middle of their showroom right now- worth the trip just to see that!

Dawg
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  R Guns does not exactly have a stellar reputation. I am comfortable buying from if if I drive up there and see first hand what I am getting. $99 is about $50 less than those lowers go for. He also has DPMS complate forged CAR lowers for $250. Not bad
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks.  R Guns does not exactly have a stellar reputation. I am comfortable buying from if if I drive up there and see first hand what I am getting. $99 is about $50 less than those lowers go for. He also has DPMS complate forged CAR lowers for $250. Not bad

I was thinking of doing business with them over the internet... what about them give them a bad reputation??? Have they ripped people off in the past? Shady customer service or long delivery times???
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was thinking of doing business with them over the internet... what about them give them a bad reputation??? Have they ripped people off in the past? Shady customer service or long delivery times???

I've never done business with them, but have heard a lot of horror stories told of online/phone transactions in the Mag forum.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#5]
only one "HORROR"story and that was another arfcom member that recieved something from r guns and stopped payment on his cc.  big dispute and he started blasting r guns for sending the wrong thing, but would not return it or pay for it.
i have done lots of business with them and  would do  so again. if you order online or by phone just make sure they have it in stock.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:06:51 AM EDT
[#6]
This is funny. I was just discussing this with Roger, the owner of R Guns last Sunday at my table at the Lakemoor Gunshow. You will have no problems ordering from him. Don't take the words of some juvenile asshole on this board. This board is 89% bullshit anyway.
R Guns is a great shop, Roger is a great guy and there are no horror stories.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:15:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I was standing there when Patriot and Roger had their conversation.  And I too have done business with R Guns with no problems.  Place your order with confidence that Roger will treat you right ! !
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
only one "HORROR"story and that was another arfcom member that recieved something from r guns and stopped payment on his cc.  big dispute and he started blasting r guns for sending the wrong thing, but would not return it or pay for it.
i have done lots of business with them and  would do  so again. if you order online or by phone just make sure they have it in stock.

Yeah, that's about the jist of it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:02:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Just bought two lower and lower parts kits there. VERY professional, fast service and GREAT selection of ARs, mags and parts. The only store I've found anywhere in N. Illinois selling lowers, actually.

Lowers look pretty nice, too-a forged, name brand lower for $99 is pretty hard to beat, I think.

Larry
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:49:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just bought two lower and lower parts kits there. VERY professional, fast service and GREAT selection of ARs, mags and parts. The only store I've found anywhere in N. Illinois selling lowers, actually.

Lowers look pretty nice, too-a forged, name brand lower for $99 is pretty hard to beat, I think.

Larry

Roger is a good man. Thanks for stopping the high powered, never resting AR15.com bullshit train.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Were those lowers completely stripped? I've been drooling over putting together another AR using Model 1's Chromed Barrel Car flat top kit.

Did he have any more of those $150 complete lowers?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Were those lowers completely stripped? I've been drooling over putting together another AR using Model 1's Chromed Barrel Car flat top kit.

Did he have any more of those $150 complete lowers?

When I was there last week he seemed to have plenty of everything-but they seem like a busy shop, so it could have changed.

The $99 stripped lowers were completely stripped. I got the lower parts kits for $60...

Larry
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I stopped by on friday and went to the $10 box and picked up two teflon and one Colt 30 mags for 30 bucks total.  From the last time I was there I guess the owner 'roger'?  his attitutde seems more friendly.  I guess due to the ban being lifted his business is way up.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I stopped by on friday and went to the $10 box and picked up two teflon and one Colt 30 mags for 30 bucks total.  From the last time I was there I guess the owner 'roger'?  his attitutde seems more friendly.  I guess due to the ban being lifted his business is way up.

he was always nice, but the shop dogs are nicer
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Always good to me. But like me, Roger is in no way interested in kissing anyone's ass. Bad customer service is another issue, but that is never the case at R Guns.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I called Roger today,  but he was closed.  I wanted to pick up one of those lowers.  Went to GAT instead and got an ARMS mount for my new flat top ! !    
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Snojet, what kind of scope you going to put up on that flat top buddy?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:20:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Bought a DPMS lower at RGUNS a couple days ago.
(Complete lower, no stock. I've got a 6 position collapsable waiting at home.)
Very fast, professional etc.
Probably the most ARs and FALs I've ever seen in stock at any shop.

Gonna pick it up tonight after work

CKMorley
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#19]
I go there for the calendars.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I bought one of those, too
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought one of those, toohr

Had the Mrs. with me, or I would have, too!Larry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top