Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 5:03:38 AM EDT
Does anyone know a gunsmith in southern Illinois that can thread an AR barrel for a flash suppressor?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
try a search on SBC Smart pages for gunsmithing by area code, etc and then make some phone calls..there are a couple in the 309 area code..RB Precision is where i'll probably send mine..
edit:...doh..in the Quad City area
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the Gun Doctor in Roselle I think you can google for their website or www.krebscustom.com
out in Wauconda might be able to help. I have a feeling Krebs is pretty busy right now though.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The gun doctor said they aren't set up for it, and Midwest Guns said they won't touch it due to the cook county ban... except I thought that there was no cook county ban, or it was overturned?

Anyhoo, nothing comes to mind in southern IL, but dynasystems-ltd.com has what you need to do it yourself.  I'll be ordering from them soon.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#4]
How far south?  This is in Missouri, but it's worth a bit of a drive.

C&S Metall-Werkes, Ltd.
"Missouri's Finest Specialty Weapons Purveyors"
www.csm-w.com/
Phone - (636) 928-1511 Fax - (636) 922-9004
Address - 4025 Old Hwy 94 South, Suite "H".
St. Charles, Missouri 63304

http://www.arfcom.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=32&t=184677

This post quotes $75 for threading a bbl. and $100 for bayonet lugged FSB.

--------------------------

If you are south-east, Bill Wild (?) the match rifle gunsmith undoubtedly has the ability.  I can't remember the name of the town, but he's south of Matoon.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#5]
SG688,
Thanks for the link. I was just in St. Charles Saturday. Bill Wylde is in Greenup,  but since he has gotten famous he doesn't do any work for mere mortals like me anymore.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Roger that.  

Wylde did my AR trigger, but that was probably 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anyhoo, nothing comes to mind in southern IL, but dynasystems-ltd.com has what you need to do it yourself.  I'll be ordering from them soon.

For those thinking of going this route, be sure to check your barrel diameter first. .700" diameter + 1/2-28" die = your die ain't going very far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top