Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 10:23:04 AM EDT
Anyone try out this public range in Newton county( NW tip of Indiana ). No fee, open to public,25,50,75,100,200 yard ranges. Went there last week, oh yea, skeet also. Only thing disconcerting was 2 arabs showed-up and started plugging away with a new Remington 700 Sniper rifle package ( comes with leopold sniper scope & bipod ) in 308 cal. Also they brought along a AK 47 ( Corinco I think, CHINA ). Could have been terrorists, who knows. DNR guy was giving em weird looks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been to Willow Slough a few times (Take Rt 41 way south). The IN DNR started putting full time rangemasters on site after vandalism, etc.
Most folks who shoot there wear a pistol or carry a rifle when they go downrange. A few Wiggers show up every now and then.

No rapid fire allowed.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Does this range allow rapid fire? Does anybody here know the law concerning transporting gun to and from IL???
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:42:51 AM EDT
[#3]
rapid fire OK at LaSalle. Recently downscaled to 3 ranges, skeet, archery, and a 50 yard gun. Hunting allowed in season on 3000 acres.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Where is the LaSalle Range?????
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Take 41 south into Newton county. At route 10, go West about 3 miles. Sign and road off the right
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:15:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Just an FYI, Willow Slough used to have a sign up, and may still, stating that it was illegal for IL residents to have a handgun with them.  I'd also heard rumors that people had been arrested for such.  Indiana has two permits, one is a carry, the other is a "sportsmans".  Both allow you to have a handgun outside your home.  I guess without one or the other they can f'ck with you.  Nobody in-state applies for the "sportsmans" permit because it cost the same and has the same requirements as the carry permit.

Now, of course, IN does recognize ALL other states carry permits so if you have a FL or other non-res. they can go scratch.  Just a heads up.  The Slough took a header when they banned full auto; the IN DNR's gift to shooters at all of their outdoor ranges several years back.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:18:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven't heard of a Willow Slough pistol problem in awhile. They have signs ins, but I've never been hasselled.
I can just show my FL permit if they do.

CKMorley
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top