Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2004 8:04:20 AM EDT
Although the bill wasn't much, the governor couldn't sign it, saying in some articles I read that he was afraid that it would encourage people to buy and hide handguns in communities that currently prohibit their possession and lead us down the path to CCW legislation.www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-guns21.html
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
"But backers of the proposal said they have the votes to
override the governor's veto this fall and accused
Blagojevich of declaring war on law-abiding gun owners
throughout the state."

Let's hope they carry thru with the veto override.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Right. Why don't they cut the crap and clamp down on the minorities in Chicago? Anyone else in Illinois see anyone BUT Blacks and Hispanics causing problems? I'm sure I will get my weenie slapped by the moderators for saying that but I could give a shit. The problem is now, and has always been Blacks and Hispanics in Illinois. Cut the crap.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey guys, I used to live in IL. Sorry the guv is an anti. I hope they can override his veto, but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Baloneybitch is doing to us exactly what the Dems and antis want to do to the rest of the US.  What else should we expect from a Lord Daley buttboy?  I am going to go the the local cemetary this year and make damn sure that no dead Democrats vote in the presidential electon.  If this shit gets any worse, I'm moving.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#5]
No wonder the state is in such sad shape... It's not the state, it's not the people, it's the nitwits  running things!! Oh well this we be a test to see if the veto can be overturned.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#6]
This guy can be described in one simple word from our native home Illinois itself. JAGOFF.
I already have the right to defend myself. I don't need some dirt worshipping hippy liberal Babyboomer to enact a law to allow me to defend myself. There are two ways in and out of this house for bad guys. Alive and dead.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#7]
The real test is gonna be if Petka has the balls to bring back the bill
during the fall veto session. This is politics after all, and the people who
voted for it when Winnetka and Mr. Demarr were big news might fade away
in the hopes of not losing their share of Budget Pork.

We need to stay on Petka and everyone who voted for the bill
and pressure them to bring it back and override Blago.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Right. Why don't they cut the crap and clamp down on the minorities in Chicago? Anyone else in Illinois see anyone BUT Blacks and Hispanics causing problems? I'm sure I will get my weenie slapped by the moderators for saying that but I could give a shit. The problem is now, and has always been Blacks and Hispanics in Illinois. Cut the crap.

Oops...too strong a measure of truth for these hallowed halls...

INCOMING!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]
The Blagojevich administration justified the governor's veto, saying Senate Bill 2165 could pave the way for Illinoisans to carry concealed weapons and would water down local control

Funny how they see those two things as bad and I see them both as good.

Stupid Commies!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The Blagojevich administration justified the governor's veto, saying Senate Bill 2165 could pave the way for Illinoisans to carry concealed weapons and would water down local control

Funny how they see those two things as bad and I see them both as good.

Stupid Commies!

This is just like in star wars... with the disbandment of the Imperial Senate, an officer asks Governor Tarkin "How will we keep the local systems in line?"  He replies "The local governors will use fear to maintain control... fear of this battlestation!"

A previous poster stated the major problem in Chicago is minorities.  Now, he has a right to his opinion, and I may be forced to concur.  However, I've been driving truck for 7 years, and am often in the most pleasant neighborhoods, plus I used to visit my cusin while he attended IIT often.  

There are enough dirtballs to go around... not just blacks and hispanics.  But, I must agree, it seems it's the blacks that are "looking for trouble" ie. coming up to my truck "Hey man, wanna buy..."  "Hey man, any spare change?"  or my favorite...

3 AM, Cicero Ave. at a stop light, "Hey man, what you haulin?"  "Who, me sir? Oh, nothing but a bunch of big screen tv's and computers.  Boy!  This here is a beeg city y'all got!"

Huh... I don't think so!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm still here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top