Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 5:28:59 AM EDT
I'm all for Keyes as Senator, his ideaology seems to be pretty much in line with mine. But, I recently read an article in which Keyes was asked his opinion on reparations for descendants of black slaves. He stated in the article that he believes descendants of black slaves should be exempt of paying taxes for one to two generations. In my humble opinion reparations have been payed many times over. It's called welfare, free medical and let's not forget the billions of dollars that are spent to feed and house black inmates in the correctional system. I don't want to offend anyone, but those are the facts. I don't believe that I should have to pay for something that at the time was considered common practice, albiet wrong, money or tax exemptions will not heal the past. Moving on ( but not forgetting the misdeed ) is the only way to get past it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#1]
if black people get reparations i will sue for reparations for injins
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Amen USMC!  I couldn't have said it better myself.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I really think that Keyes and the Republican party have no intention of getting reparations for blacks.  This is is only a tactic to split the black vote in the city.

What is the one thing that would gets blacks to vote for someone?

REPARATIONS....but it will never happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top