Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2004 2:07:15 PM EDT
It looks like I'll be moving to Springfield in January.  Other than needing the FOID, is Central IL pretty gun friendly?

Also, any good shops or ranges in the area?  I primarily shoot milsurps and EBRs.  Any places that let you shoot anything other than trap or skeet?

BTW, how much longer will Blagojevich be in office?
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I am north of Springfield, but work there. There are a few shops, Letz's, Tony's, Birds and Crook's, K's Merchandise and some others.

I deal with a guy who lives near me, and works out of his house.

There is a range on the S. Side of town, and another a little to the north and east, by Curran I think. I have never shot at the ranges though. There are a couple of gun clubs around too.

Welcome to the area, and we can always use another voter. Blago has another 2 years.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Central IL is as friendly as Illinois can be. You won't find it nearly as nice as Texas though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for buttin into your thread but speaking of Springfield, there used to be a surplus store there with a freakin HUGE AR15 about the size of a billboard hanging outside of the building. Is that place still there??

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It looks like I'll be moving to Springfield in January.  Other than needing the FOID, is Central IL pretty gun friendly?

Also, any good shops or ranges in the area?  I primarily shoot milsurps and EBRs.  Any places that let you shoot anything other than trap or skeet?

LOL, sorry Joe.  Welcome to hell.  
j/k, its really not all that bad.  No carry, and expect higher prices on all things gun related though.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I've shot quite a bit at Bullet Express (southside of town) pretty much anything goes "don't shoot no damn holes in my roof" was about all I heard. My cousin has a class III working for him and he said they were able "go for it" out there.

I shot at Silver Bullet (Curran area), they are closed now.

Siddens in Rochester looks nice, never shot there, don't know what his rules are.

I just discovered Letz Hunt today, I am off on Mon&Sun (3 years running/Black Rifle Disease is only 1 year old for me), and so are they. They sell RRA, and their website looks like it will be worth exploreing.

I transfer (bought a few things too) through Dudley at Capital City Arms Supply, he's in the back @ Bullet Express. Great guy to deal with, easy as pie ($30 pie) transfers, $30 if you sell consignment, $30 to have him order a gun.

And there is Birds and Brooks, I've bought a few things there. Mostly my Sig for $ouch.

If you need any help getting your move lined up, just ask.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm an Illinois native, growing up in Decatur; I've lived in Texas now for 19 years.  There is no fair comparison of the gun laws;  Texas has Illinois beat in any/every category.  It is a felony in Illinois, even private sale, if you don't hold a handgun 72 hrs or a long gun 24 hrs after the sale.
The Chicago Democratic Machine controls the whole state IMHO.  If Alan Keyes is serious at all about beating Obama, he'd be smart to conduct his campaigning downstate and blowing off Chicago.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I am just south of Springfield and it is not TX. but better than Chicago. I am a ffl holder and do internet transfers for $17.00 if any of you Springfield area people are interested.  I also do special orders. If interested leave me a PM here or e-mail me and we can talk.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am just south of Springfield and it is not TX. but better than Chicago. I am a ffl holder and do internet transfers for $17.00 if any of you Springfield area people are interested.  I also do special orders. If interested leave me a PM here or e-mail me and we can talk.

just a plug for this guy-i've worked with him on a couple projects and i will contact him when i have the sufficient funds for another project.  he does all he can for you and more that's for sure.  don't be affraid to work with him-you won't regret it.  oh and I-O_Joe once you get used to having a F.O.I.D. card for EVERYTHING it's no big deal.  it just sucks that we're in the same category as cuba...oh well.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I work in gspringfield once a month and it isnt to bad.  Bullet Express off of Toronto road has a IPSC shoot every thurs night that is a F*&^ing blast.  they also have  gun club called lefties  or something like that.  also down by the mall there is Friar Tucks.  it is the biggest Frigg'n alcholic's store you every did see.   its paradise.   there is also the Air Rendevous(airshow) on Sept 11-12.  thats at capitol airport.  its a good time.  
Remman
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Friar Tucks does have a nice wine selection but Illinois gun laws SUCK.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#11]
dale is a crook  I used to personally know him don't trust him he will shake your hand and stab you in the back at the same time.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top