Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2004 8:14:53 PM EDT
YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED - STOP DALEY FROM RAIDING YOUR GUN CABINET

Gun grabbers in the Illinois House today moved a resolution that would result in most of your guns being banned and confiscated.

HR 656, sponsored by rabid antigunner Rep. Julie Hamos (D-Evanston, directs the U.S. Congress to "extend and strengthen" the so-called "assault weapons" ban.

If Hamos and her friends get their way, then the list of banned guns would grow considerably to include a BAN ON ANY GUN MODEL, OR STYLE EVER PURCHASED BY ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.

That would mean:

* All Colt revolvers would be banned and confiscated.

* All S&W revolvers would be banned and confiscated.

* All Ruger revolvers would be banned and confiscated.

* All Colt 1911 style pistols would be banned and confiscated.

* All Glock, S&W, Sig, H&K pistols would be banned and confiscated.

* All Trapdoor Springfields, Krags, M1903 Springfields, M1 Garands would be banned and confiscated.

Get the picture?

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO SAVE YOUR GUNS:

1.  Call the following Representatives Wednesday and Thursday of this week and POLITELY inform them that you are opposed to HR 656 and POLITELY request that they VOTE AGAINST HR 656 if it comes up for a vote before their committee.

a.  Rep. William Delgado (217) 782-0480

b.  Rep. Patricia Bailey (217) 782-5971

c.  Rep. Richard Bradley (217) 782-8117

d.  Rep. Annazette Collins (217) 782-8077

e.  Rep. Careen Gordon (217) 782-5997

f.  Rep. Constance Howard (217) 782-6476

g.  Rep. Lovana Jones (217) 782-2023

h.  Rep. Pat Lindner (217) 782-1486

i.  Rep. Eileen Lyons (217) 782-0494

j.  Rep. John Millner (217) 558-1037

k.  Rep. Chapin Rose (217) 558-1006

l.  Rep. Jim Sacia (217) 782-8186

m.  Rep. Ron Wait (217) 782-0548

2.  PLEASE FORWARD THIS ALERT ON TO ALL YOUR GUN OWNING FRIENDS AND HAVE THEM CALL TOO.

3.  PLEASE POST THIS ALERT TO ANY AND ALL INTERNET BULLETIN BOARDS TO WHICH YOU MAY BELONG.

Please act today - the future of the 2nd Amendment is up to you!

Gun Control is a Disease - You are the Cure
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Friz

Are you sure u have the right bill?  I went to the legislative site for IL and all this bill says is they want to continue on with the AWB.  No mention of the rest.

I did call my Rep who is on the Judiciary Committee!

Am I missing something?

Rebel 13
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Reb, that's the right bill number. You need to call the people on the list. I believe these are the commitee people, the Green Dragon could help us out with this. GD? Ya there? I called everyone on the list, they know the bill well. They have been getting "millions" of calls from what they have told me. They were nice ladies, so be cool with them, they sounded a bit like they took a lot of flack on the phone today. The bill goes to commitee at 3pm it is 2:20 now, I am guessing it will die on the vine. I hope I am right.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
it went at three??  damn!  sorry boys, i just got home.  so what do we do now?  did it "die on the vine"?

jake
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Waiting to hear from the ISRA. Who knows what these people did today. Just the word "Evanston" makes me sick.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I wasn't able to make it to the hearing today, so I don't know what happened. From the webpage, it doesn't look like much really happened. They voted to suspend some protocol and posting rules, like they always do. It would seem that it is still there ready for action.

I've been absent from this board since the new board has been started. I've been having some EXTREME problems getting in. I think this is the 3rd time that I've been able to view the board out of hundreds of tries. I can't seem to get past the login page. Tonight was a total shock, hopefully I'm in for good now. I'm not counting on it. Tomorrow, I may be screwed again. If I don't talk to you guys for awhile, it's not because I'm not trying. Keep up the good fight.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:49:32 AM EDT
[#6]
GD, thanks for popping in. Keep trying, don't leave us. Your help is always very valuable with these types of things.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:50:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey GD.   Try deleting all your old AR-15.com cookies and bookmarks and sign on like it was your first time here.  I read something a while back about others having the same problem and that was the fix.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Snojet, get my email?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#9]
From what I can see, this bill has nothing more to do than just to give a sense of the Illinois Legislature to the President and Federal Congress to pass another assault on your liberties ban. It does not appear to do anything to establish any new laws here in Illinois. Feel good legislation.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#10]
got it.......      
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 4:08:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
From what I can see, this bill has nothing more to do than just to give a sense of the Illinois Legislature to the President and Federal Congress to pass another assault on your liberties ban. It does not appear to do anything to establish any new laws here in Illinois. Feel good legislation.

It would be nice if that were the case. Well, I think you're right King, I think that is exactly what that bill is but they are coming again with their "assault weapons" ban. Just read on another post, which I am wondering why I didn;t get that same email from the ISRA. I am signed up or email alerts. Anyway, these people are unbelievable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top