Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2004 6:09:24 AM EDT
I heard there was supposed to be one of those "Million Mom Marches" against guns on Mothers day in Chicago or somewhere around N. IL this weekend, but I haven't heard ANY press on it this morning...does that mean it was a "No Mom March?"
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw brief coverage on the DC march on the Chicago news last night, but no mention of local marches.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#2]
They got mowed down by light machine gun fire ,    or was it an M-80?  

Oops wrong dream, carry on.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Read all about it:  

Moron moms munch

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#4]
i would call that a victory.  although, i wish there would've been more names that ordinary people recognize like Wayne LaPierre (sp?).  
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw part of a rap concert that went on during the march on C-SPAN.  It was a trio of black guys wearing pink "million mom march" t-shirts and saying "stop the violence".  When the camera panned out to the audience, there were only about a dozen or so people watching them (even singing along), with hundreds of empty seats and a vacant lawn.  

I though it was pretty funny to see some rappers concerned with gun safety

I got a good laugh out of it, then changed the channel.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top