Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2003 6:08:20 PM EDT
Who's up for what will probably be the last shoot of the year? The Friday after Thanksgiving at Buffalo Rock... Nov 28... I have not called Buffalo Rock to see if there open, I think they close Dec1.. The weather will be up for graps but what the hay I have that day off and are going for it.  Who's up for it???
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be up for that. Sounds like a good time. Just let me know all the info Jimmi
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Count me in for sure. Weather of no kind stops me and my girls.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Hot damn, if I have my preban by then I will definitely try and get out there!

Yeah, that's right Gov. Rod, try and ban em for good!- rant and p9ics will be posted shortly!

Dawg
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahhh another shoot, boy will it be cold. No bother, I will be there!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:38:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I called Buffalo Rock yesterday to confirm that they will be open... Ah yes it's a go... I forgot to ask when they do close for the season.. If I remember correctly it's Dec 1. My son and I plan to get out there and stake our claim on a table at 9am     . This could be a very busy day at the rock... Lets all hope the weather holds out...

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:41:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I will be there bright and early. I need to go to the benches first though for that brand spanking new beautiful M1A

Then it's off to the pit
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:46:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh and if you guys see a guy in camo walking around saying over and over "This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine." Don't be alamed, it's just me with my new M1A.
It's on order and will be here Tuesday. I can't wait.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I called Buffalo Range and the guy with the British accent said they close Nov. 30 for the season.

Why not have the shoot on Saturday the 29th instead of Friday? Some people may have to work the day after Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, this may be true. I will be heading down on Friday either way I have a commitment that Saturday
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm aiming for  the 15th or 16th (sat or sun). and then maybe one day the weekend thereafter  (22nd or 23rd). I haven't been out there in 4or 5 weeks, so I gotta make up for it before BR closes.
I'm  pretty sure I gotta work the day after Turkey Day.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#11]
That sucks CK. Nothing like going back to work on Friday.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Oh and if you guys see a guy in camo walking around saying over and over "This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine." Don't be alamed, it's just me with my new M1A.
It's on order and will be here Tuesday. I can't wait.

Don't worry, there will be other guys in camo walking around saying, "This is my rifle and this is my gun. This one's for killing and this one's for fun."  
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm gonna try to make it. I have a new RRA 16" that I've had for a couple weeks and haven't shot yet. I'm leaving for an Elk hunt in Colorado on Saturday, so Friday might be the last chance to shoot at the rock this year.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Avalon and I might be hitting the Rock that day, It all depends if we want to drive 2hrs+ each way.....Its either that or stay in Wisc. and shoot some here. Depends on weather. Will keep you all posted.

Batch114
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#15]
 Many people here keep calling it Buffalo Rock or just the "Rock"  when it's actually just Buffalo Range.
I can see the confusion since Buffalo Rock State Park is in the area and the range is down the road from Buffalo Rock Rd.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Interested in the Shoot. Where is BR located exactly. I live in Metropolis, Illinois. Last town on I-24 going south.

Thanks Travis
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:01:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Here's the info on Buffalo Range....

http://moreimages.tripod.com/imagesite/id11.html
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:37:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
 Many people here keep calling it Buffalo Rock or just the "Rock"  when it's actually just Buffalo Range.
I can see the confusion since Buffalo Rock State Park is in the area and the range is down the road from Buffalo Rock Rd.

i understand the confusion, the range has undergone a few changes over the years, it was originally called, "sparkys buffalo rock  range", due to a few explosions and a few deaths, including ole sparky himself the  ownership has changed, hence diff names.some of us old timers still call it buff rock or sparkys
you used to be able to rent full auto  there. we used to rent, m60's m16's ak's lewis anti tamk guns. i remeber buying  1k rounds in wooden crates full of mil  ammo for a 75 bucks

they didn't charge you for the rental of the gun, just had to buy ammo from them, 100 round belt of .308 for an m60 was 45 bucks.
had a buddy that was class3 we used to take ma duece there to shoot. ah the good ole days
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:55:30 AM EDT
[#19]
So who all is going Friday?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I am gonna have to bail out this time. We are going to 7 mile in Wisc. We are going to do some dusk/night shooting, with full auto and the 50. Have a good time there and I 'm sure I will catch up with most of you this winter or in the Spring.

Batch114
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:52:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Batch, are you talking about this range in Racine? I have heard about it, whats the deal? I am up on the Wis state line. Is it public?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I will be there. How does the pit work anything goes?? What is there to shoot? I will be there at nine on Friday.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:11:02 AM EDT
[#23]
My son and I will be there. The pit is great for cleaning out the basement and garage. You can throw  almost anything down there to shoot at. Per the range "No Metal, No Glass, & Nothing that explodes, burns, Etc". Things that I like are tennis balls, golf balls and old CD's are great, because you really get them down there. I also like detergent bottles filled with water. They are made of heavier plastic and survive the toss into the pit better that a pop bottle. I like taking my frustations out with work by shooting up old computers. There is a ton of stuff to shoot at in the pit. The shotgun shooter shoot at clay targets over the pit and the broken pieces of clay targets are good to shoot at....  
     I will be there in a red Ford Ranger stop and say hello. Happy Thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:17:23 AM EDT
[#24]
I will be there. I will be the guy in the Black Chevy 4X4 Pickup with a lillt American Flag on the antenna. i will most likely be in camo as all my cold weather gear is USGI. like who's isn't? I will let you guys in o a secret, I am making a movie called "Bowling For Michael Moore" a small documentary for us gun folk so I may have the camcorder there anybody that wants to be on film let me know and i will bring release forms. REAL question is, what's everybody bringing to shoot?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:19:05 AM EDT
[#25]
You boys have fun without me,  I'll be there in spirit.  Hey Patriot,  movie idea sounds great.  I hate that commie f*ck ! !   Let's get together before the Lakemoor fun show to discuss that political stuff.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.  Peace to all of you and your families.....and don't forget our brothers and sisters overseas fighting the good fight ! !

-sno
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#26]
You got it snojet. I have so much to do around the house i am still wondering whether or not i will actually go. i want to but ya know, always stuff to do
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I will be there in the big blue and silver Chevy Suburban.Looking forward to shooting my preban and some other toys of mine.Does the place fill up fast ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top