Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2003 4:54:07 PM EDT
I am looking for a place to shoot my AR down around Alton.

They have a pistol range and a trap and skeet field at Olin in East Alton, but do not allow rifles.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:34:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about immediate Alton area, Effingham, IL has CMP, Garand, and NRA Hi-P shoots, 100 yd reduced, Bunker Hill, (East of Litchfield), has CMP and Garand matches. There's a place south of St Louis somewhere that has a full 600 yd course of fire on Sat, and a 600 yd only course on the following Sun every couple months, I think they're done for the year, tho.  Another spot is Tamalco (South of Mulberry Grove), they have 100 yd reduced Hi-P.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Harris Police Equipment in Mulberry Grove, IL has a spot right at his place to shoot.  Also - KVS Club by Carlyle, IL has a 100 yard rifle range.  How is Olin?  I have been thinking about going over there - I am in Greenville not to far away.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I've shot CMP up at Brittany Shooting Park north of Bunker Hill.  I've been there a few times with my little brothers too.  It's a nice place and cheap. (only like $35 a year for a membership)  The guy told me once that if noone was shooting at the berm on the hundred yard side, I could go out in the field on the shotgun range side and shoot back toward the berm.  I would estimate that side of the berm to have around ~1000 yards if memory serves.  That makes it one of the longest ranges around.

There url is:
http://www.brittanyshooting.com/
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll second what sociopath said about Brittany.
Good place to shoot and cheap. It's only 10 minutes from my house.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:50:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Jewmonkey:  Does the Harris place have a shoot this Sat 15th?  Heard about a combat pistol/rifle match, reg. at 1, shoot at 2.  Source wasn't for sure, tho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top