Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2003 6:51:05 AM EDT
Hi all.  I live in Nazi occupied Illinois, just 40 miles west of Chitcago.  Like to shoot it up at Ottawa, gonna be there on Monday in fact.

I got a question for ya's.  I have a Winchester model 1300 20ga.  The front bead fell off.  It will need to be re-tapped and a new one put in.  How much should I expect to pay?

I believe I was ripped off, but I wanted to hear from those that are perhaps more knowledgable. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#1]
First, welcome to the board.

Second, I personally cannot tell you the price to re-tap your Win 1300. If you haven't already tried, post your question in General Discussion or even better in the General Firearm Discussion Board in the Armory section. There should be someone around here that can give you an estimated cost or recommend a gunsmith to go to.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#2]
You must be near Elgin or Crystal Lake??  Interested in a Winchester model 1400?  I am in Lake in the Hills.  I will be at Ottawa in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Average gunsmithing runs $35 to $60 at our shop for minor things. Standard quote we give when someone asks how much is gunsmithing, we tell them about $40 an hour + parts. Though our gunsmith has at least a 3 month backlog.

Had a guy come in and say "damned the cost I need this gun done by tomorrow." Never got to see the tab on that one. I bet it was pricey.

I work part time at:
Maxon Shooters Supply
1226 Rand Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60016-3403
(847) 298-4867

How far west of Chicago are you? I was recently in Gander Mountain out West of West Chicago, noticed they had a neat looking gunsmithing area.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top