Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2003 8:47:24 AM EDT
I was thinking about going to Buffalo rock sometime and the camping at starved rock afterwards.

Does anyone know if there is a law prohibiting having a gun in your car/van at a state park in Illinois?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
This is all the have:

Section 110.170        Weapons and Firearms - Display and Use

It shall be unlawful for any person, other than authorized peace officers, to display or use on Department-controlled lands, except as authorized by the Department on hunting (reference 17 Ill. Adm. Code 510, 530, 550, 570, 590, 650, 660, 670, 680, 690, 710, 715, 720, 730, and 740), field trials (reference 17 Ill. Adm. Code 910), target or special event areas, any gun including shotgun, rifle, pistol, revolver, air or BB gun, sling shot, bow and arrow, switchblade knife with spring loaded blade, throwing knife, tomahawk or throwing axe, or martial arts devices.

(Source: Amended at 24 Ill. Reg. 12556, effective August 7, 2000)

Since hunting (in Season) is allowed, and I see no specific prohibition from firearms (not displayed or used) on the property, I would think that a properly cased and unloaded firearm would not be a violation of any rule.

Perhaps a call to the local authority would be the best bet though...

dnr.state.il.us/legal/110.htm

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top