Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2003 5:14:51 AM EDT
GUYS I HAVE A AK47 THAT I WANT TO HIRE SOME ONE TO RE-VARNISH THE WOOD ON IT. THEY SAY IT IS NOT THAT BIG OF JOB BUT I AM NOT GOOD AT THINGS LIKE THAT. NOT LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT JOB, JUST BETTER THAN WHAT IS ON IT. I LIVE NEAR ROCKFORD IL . IS ANY ONE CLOSE THAT WOULD LIKE TO TACKEL THIS JOB. THANKS. MARTY
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you gonna come to Blastfest ???
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Try sending a PM to Medcop.  He had an SAR1 at last year's BRC that he re-did himself, and it looked pretty good.  He could probably give you some pointers to do it yourself.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
GUYS I HAVE A AK47 THAT I WANT TO HIRE SOME ONE TO RE-VARNISH THE WOOD ON IT. THEY SAY IT IS NOT THAT BIG OF JOB BUT I AM NOT GOOD AT THINGS LIKE THAT. NOT LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT JOB, JUST BETTER THAN WHAT IS ON IT. I LIVE NEAR ROCKFORD IL . IS ANY ONE CLOSE THAT WOULD LIKE TO TACKEL THIS JOB. THANKS. MARTY

I'm in Lake County and I would be happy to do it for you. It is certainly not at all worth the effort and I believe they are laminated. I have seen some blonde wood sets on the market. Anyway, I am a skilled carpenter/Furniture maker and I love refinishing stocks. Problem is given the laminant, it may not only be impossible but you may not get a better result. If you really want it done, let me know and give me an idea of what you are looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top