Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2022 10:25:29 AM EDT
May be able to flee California with a work transfer.   Being from California, family visit Vegas a few times a year.  Also have couple family members out there.  

Looking at homes and areas. Looking toward the Henderson area but open to other areas.  What areas would you suggest looking (and avoiding).

Optimal list is 4 bedroom, 3 car garage and drive around to the back. (3br would work if a bit larger sqft, but would like an office)

Biggest turn off is ANYTHING in an HOA!
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
For that kind of layout with no HOA you’re gonna have to find one of the old horse/ranch properties in town. They’re in pockets all over the city.

Henderson, Summerlin, and Mountains Edge are all heavily HOA’d.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Budget??
what part of town is work? What time do you start?

I 'm in an HOA, not gated, mostly landscaping and painting control, not so bad.  knock on wood.  17 year old neighborhood big lots, mid 600's today up 40% in 3 years.  NLV. a number of 1 and 2 stories in the area for sale.  1  stories are pushing 700k.

If you ever utter the sentence, "but in CA we did it like this".  please punch yourself in the face. ??

ETA: 80% not 40%
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Budget??
what part of town is work? What time do you start?

I 'm in an HOA, not gated, mostly landscaping and painting control, not so bad.  knock on wood.  17 year old neighborhood big lots, mid 600's today up 40% in 3 years.  NLV. a number of 1 and 2 stories in the area for sale.  1  stories are pushing 700k.

If you ever utter the sentence, "but in CA we did it like this".  please punch yourself in the face. ??
View Quote

Around 350-450, Ill be rolling some of the money I get from my current house into the down etc of the new.

Could be Vegas, Henderson or Pahrump.

"But in CA I could surf and be in the mountains and rubbing elbows with celebrities' in the same day..."  
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#4]
You’re going to end up living in the exact thing you don’t want because it’s all that remains affordable.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#5]
For that price and those requirements, pahrump is likely gonna be your only option.

I wouldn’t live there, but many people enjoy it. It’s about 1.5 hrs to the heart of Vegas and is a very easy drive until you hit Blue Diamond blvd, which now has crazy traffic. Like, CA crazy except people drive slow like Nevadans so it takes even longer.

Don’t be afraid to look around rural southern Utah as well, although their real estate has also been hammered by all of your peers.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For that price and those requirements, pahrump is likely gonna be your only option.

I wouldn’t live there, but many people enjoy it. It’s about 1.5 hrs to the heart of Vegas and is a very easy drive until you hit Blue Diamond blvd, which now has crazy traffic. Like, CA crazy except people drive slow like Nevadans so it takes even longer.

Don’t be afraid to look around rural southern Utah as well, although their real estate has also been hammered by all of your peers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
You’re going to end up living in the exact thing you don’t want because it’s all that remains affordable.

So I should have wrote it out better, even after re-reading myself.   I'm looking at ~500k for the Nevada house and taking ~150k from the sale of CA house to roll into the new to bring it to ~350-450.  The current house is anticipate to sale for ~340 (Same house and comparable are selling for 300-375), I owe 65 and the family has out grown it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Henderson.....er .......Nevadas quota of refugees has been filled. Lokk elsewhere unless you can get a liberal fuck to move out so you can take their place.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So I should have wrote it out better, even after re-reading myself.   I'm looking at ~500k for the Nevada house and taking ~150k from the sale of CA house to roll into the new to bring it to ~350-450.  The current house is anticipate to sale for ~340 (Same house and comparable are selling for 300-375), I owe 65 and the family has out grown it.
View Quote

500k will buy you an average 2000 sq ft house in a tract HOA neighborhood in any half decent area of Vegas. You’re definitely looking at Pahrump for something with room, non HOA etc.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Henderson.....er .......Nevadas quota of refugees has been filled. Lokk elsewhere unless you can get a liberal fuck to move out so you can take their place.
View Quote

^ this
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Where is your job? Commute is very important to picking a location. Add in Section 8 locations, hood apartments, and so on. Proximity to groceries and hobbies also matters.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 3:40:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Every time I go to Vegas I'm like "what a fucking dump!" But then again, my employer's terminal is in North Las Vegas. I did get a good cheap breakfast at the Poker Palace tho
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:29:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was written perfectly.  You have $500k to move to Vegas with. You will have enough money to buy into a neighborhood with residents who moved here from California, and it will have an HOA.  You’re not getting some non-HOA 3,000 sq ft house with a 3 car garage and a pool with quick access to BLM land if that is what you’re expecting to buy. Even in Pahrump.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It was written perfectly.  You have $500k to move to Vegas with. You will have enough money to buy into a neighborhood with residents who moved here from California, and it will have an HOA.  You’re not getting some non-HOA 3,000 sq ft house with a 3 car garage and a pool with quick access to BLM land if that is what you’re expecting to buy. Even in Pahrump.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you more or less have to throw out the idea of no hoa in vegas.

there are some neighborhoods without but you can usually tell the really nice homes next to junkyards that may have people living in them.

It's cool to be close to a nice park and work. That's about the best I would hope for currently. you might get 4 bedrooms at your price point
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#14]
We just sold our 1400 sf 3 bed 2 bath in henderson (no hoa) for $408k. Sadly, $500k isn't going to get you into much more than that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We just sold our 1400 sf 3 bed 2 bath in henderson (no hoa) for $408k. Sadly, $500k isn't going to get you into much more than that.
View Quote

yep, especially last month, avg price was  600k in washoe county. gross.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

yep, especially last month, avg price was  600k in washoe county. gross.
View Quote

Washoe is a woke shithole now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Washoe is a woke shithole now.
View Quote

SURE the fuck is, just go look here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Reno/comments/untipm/anyone_know_anything_more_about_location_of/

read the comments, look at these fucking clowns that live among us.  https://www.reddit.com/r/Reno/comments/uhtqt0/protest_to_support_roe_vs_wade_at_400_s_virginia/

LITERAL NPCs they just repeat a catchy slogan that every puppet master told them to  repeat.  https://www.reddit.com/r/Reno/comments/uho8ma/protest_in_reno_following_supreme_court_leak/

and some how my neighbor got on reddit, apparently the leftoids REALLLLLLY GET triggered. https://www.reddit.com/r/Reno/comments/ue2ypq/the_newest_sticker_on_the_bottom_left_is_wow/
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

SURE the fuck is, just go look here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Reno/comments/untipm/anyone_know_anything_more_about_location_of/

read the comments, look at these fucking clowns that live among us.  https://www.reddit.com/r/Reno/comments/uhtqt0/protest_to_support_roe_vs_wade_at_400_s_virginia/

LITERAL NPCs they just repeat a catchy slogan that every puppet master told them to  repeat.  https://www.reddit.com/r/Reno/comments/uho8ma/protest_in_reno_following_supreme_court_leak/

and some how my neighbor got on reddit, apparently the leftoids REALLLLLLY GET triggered. https://www.reddit.com/r/Reno/comments/ue2ypq/the_newest_sticker_on_the_bottom_left_is_wow/
View Quote

Whateverthefuckthatis my eyes hurt.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Whateverthefuckthatis my eyes hurt.
View Quote

yeah. pretty fucked up. woke people and their edgy haircuts, AND DUDE WTF! IS UP WITH REI, i went in the a few days ago and  they have those " hi , my pronouns are hey/they" bullshit. yuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top