Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2022 3:38:39 PM EDT
Im asking to see if anyone local has one that I could come over and check out to see if I want to drop the coin on one and to see how superior it is to my $50 Chinese copy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. PM me
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 12:23:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have the copy I have seen, the biggest problem with it was that it has a different (cheaper) pivot that will loosen when panning. Try panning the thing left and right a few times, if the tension changes you have your answer. The real atlas should not have that problem at all. Otherwise, they are pretty simple mechanisms and seem to be a straight copy. Materials and whatnot are obviously unlikely to be as good either.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have the copy I have seen, the biggest problem with it was that it has a different (cheaper) pivot that will loosen when panning. Try panning the thing left and right a few times, if the tension changes you have your answer. The real atlas should not have that problem at all. Otherwise, they are pretty simple mechanisms and seem to be a straight copy. Materials and whatnot are obviously unlikely to be as good either.
View Quote

Yup.  That's why I wanted to look at a real one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top