Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2022 5:40:46 PM EDT
Been to Vegas for the strip a few times years ago. So I kinda know that area. Not a huge gambler but may hit the slots.
The spousal unit and I will be there early in early March and looking for things other than gambling to do.

As of right now I have

The Hover Dam
The Grand Canyon National park (south rim) - The plan is to drive this, Is it feasible to drive there do a little site seeing and drive back to Vegas and back in a day?

Any other suggestions. We are just at a looking to get away from the cold for a few days and currently non stop flights from my hometown to Vegas are really cheap.

Thanks in advance to any ideas. We are up to most anything.

Also what's the weather outlook there look like for next month?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Sigma Derby at the D.Its gambling but its really fun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I took @Hiramranger to Grand Canyon and back in one day. We left like 5am and got back in the evening. It was winter though and you could drive your own vehicle through the park. I believe in March they start the shuttles so that will kill your one day timeline as you have to park your vehicle and take the shuttles.
View Quote

We left around 1am to watch the sun rise over the canyon. Drove through the night. Shooting stars and a huge tumbleweed you hit going around 90mph.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 1:21:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Damn, was it that early? No way I could do that now. Old age sucks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We left around 1am to watch the sun rise over the canyon. Drove through the night. Shooting stars and a huge tumbleweed you hit going around 90mph.

Damn, was it that early? No way I could do that now. Old age sucks

Yeah we grabbed a bite to eat at the 24 hour cafe at my hotel. There was some Asian guy there with a couple of hot chicks and another guy staring him down. When the Asian guy left the stare down dude struck up a conversation with us telling us how Asian dude swindles a bunch of people out of a lot of money and he was following the guy around keeping tabs on him. Was weird for sure.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Hit up Red Rock Canyon.

Pizza Rock has the best Detroit Pizza on Earth if you like that style of pizza.

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#7]
What's a ballpark outlook on what to expect for weather? Will there be snow in the canyon?
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:59:42 AM EDT
[#8]
You probably want to book tours of the dam early. It’s super low. Like…record low. Take photos.

carol Shelby has cars by the race track.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 2:43:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Shelby moved....they are down near Sunset and I15.
View Quote

Shelby museum is very cool but plan at most an hour unless you want to watch them work on the cars.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#11]
South rim is about 4 hours from Vegas.  There was a little snow last week. I've had it snow on me a couple times passing through in March.  Just check the weather and maybe be flexible with your days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top