Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2022 4:52:07 AM EDT
I was under the impression that to be “legal” the blade had to be under 3” but a coworker told me that they recently changed the law and you can carry any blade length you want and autos are also legal.
Is this true?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the 3" thing is a Clark County rule.
View Quote

Yep. And it applies to blade length for a concealed knife.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
So then my coworker is full of it then
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was under the impression that to be “legal” the blade had to be under 3” but a coworker told me that they recently changed the law and you can carry any blade length you want and autos are also legal.
Is this true?
View Quote

Yes, except Clark County.

Clark County is the only one with the concealed knife limit of <3", so a knife in your pocket completely concealed must be less than 3", otherwise a permit is required.  Everywhere else there aren't any restrictions including autos (except certain buildings/facilities like school).
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:05:04 AM EDT
[#5]
When we say concealed are we talking about a regular Benchmade or Spyderco that is clipped to your pocket that you can see the clip?

And do JBT’s actually go out of their way to bust people for this or is it one of those things that they tack on to somebody that is a troublemaker?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, except Clark County.

Clark County is the only one with the concealed knife limit of <3", so a knife in your pocket completely concealed must be less than 3", otherwise a permit is required.  Everywhere else there aren't any restrictions including autos (except certain buildings/facilities like school).
View Quote

A sergeant in metro said my Gerber Applegate folded was fine clipped to my pocket, he said it's obviously a knife clip on the outside, he just said not to sharpen the false edge.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When we say concealed are we talking about a regular Benchmade or Spyderco that is clipped to your pocket that you can see the clip?

And do JBT’s actually go out of their way to bust people for this or is it one of those things that they tack on to somebody that is a troublemaker?
View Quote

I think the short answer if it’s visible it’s not concealed irrespective of what part is visible. As far as autos go CC has some weird rule about no auto knives if you’re loitering. I don’t ever loiter so I keep my Microtech on me most days but the blade is less than 3 inches.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is this true?
View Quote

We changed the law about 7 years ago.  Clark County still does their bullshit, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top