Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2021 11:59:40 PM EDT
Anyone know a gun shop that can give me an honest appraisal of a few guns my father had.
I used to take things to Rance Spurlock, but Rance is gone and their service is hit or miss since the change of qwnership.

Accuracy was another but I haven’t been there in years.  

Of interest is a Winchester 97, a Winchester single shot, a 37 I think, in 20 gauge, and an Ithaca 37. Ther is a Winchester model 12 that he bought in the fifties from his neighbor for $25. That one has a lot of sentimental value so I’m keeping that. Everything else I’m not attached to, I just want to see what the value might be in case I want to sell. Ther are a couple others, but those are pretty beat up.

BT.W I’m in the south.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#1]
You might try going to Gunbroker and see what similar items have sold for.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 12:56:18 AM EDT
[#2]
That was the first thing I did.
The Winchester 37 is between 4 and 500 dollars. I actually found it for him at one of the last Henderson Convention center gun shows. I think he paid $250 for it back then
The Winchester and Ithaca are all over the place depending on age and condition
They both look brand new from the factory. The Winchester almost looks to good. Like maybe it’s been refinished.
These guns came from an estate auction, in the Detroit area, almost twenty years ago.
The man was a wealthy Ford executive.
I just want someone with some experience to giv me a better idea of the value.
I don’t really want to sell right now, and if they are worth something I’d just like to know.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top